Ideas for warehouse spaces in Yorkshire?

Hi all,

I'm producing a final year university film, and I'm running into a few roadblocks with regard to locations. The majority of the film is based in a lorry trailer, and so I'm looking for a controlled environment to house the trailer in for around 5/6 days in February.

Having tried all the local possibilities in York that I can think of (generally, no agents or landlords are willing to let commercial warehouses on such a short term), double checked there's nothing within the university we could use, and contacted Creative England (they're not funded to help students...), I'm at a bit of a loss.

Our budget is 2000, so I'm willing to spend a fair amount on the right location if needs be, but I'm struggling. I'd prefer to stay in York, obviously, but Leeds wouldn't be out of the question if it was necessary.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

that seems like a perfect setup for a constructed set. Simple shape. Simple to build. Id spend my money on building a set with movable walls etc.

Can you post a few images of what the inside of a lorry trailer looks like?

Regarding using a real trailer..
Curious why you need it to be in a wherehouse? Those things are weather proof. It probably much easier, and cheaper to find an exterior storage yard. Buy a few of those pop-up pavilion jobies for working outside the trailer (camera setup, light prep, makeup etc)

FYI: use LED lighting.. its gonna get hot in there.

this is one of those set challenges you could do with only a few walls. You wouldn't need to build the entire trailer.. just maybe half of it. Most your shots are going to be tight anyway, you might only normally see one or two walls at any given shot.

Back