• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Twixtor Test Video (Canon 7d) - 1000fps

http://vimeo.com/17249367

Shot with: Canon 7d - 720p, 60fps
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 + Twixtor plug-in

I wanted to test out the Twixtor plug-in for Premiere so I shot this test footage of myself doing flips and such in my backyard to try it out. I've read a lot about the quirks of this plug-in from other people on here, and decided to test it in tricky detailed situations as well to see where it would and wouldn't hold up. I know there are things that aren't perfect with the use of twixtor in this video for those of you that are looking for artifacts and such, but I was pleasantly surprised with the leaf footage which was shot assuming that twixtor would slaughter the footage. Some of it was unusable, but I had better luck than I had anticipated. As you've all probably heard before, the less detail the better. (I should have maybe thought about that before wearing that winter coat of crazy colours) haha.

*everything was shot with shutter speeds between 1/1000 & 1/2000 and slowed down to either 3% or 5%*

Through a bit of trial and error, the workflow that I got the best results out of in Premiere consisted of the following:

- import 720p 60fps footage into a 720p 60fps sequence **extend the length of the sequence to what it would be with your footage slowed down**
- make another sequence with the same settings
- nest the first sequence into the second sequence
- add the twixtor plug-in to the nested footage
- slow down to whichever speeds you like, check 'smart blend'
- render it out and see if twixtor has made magic with your footage

I'm going to be doing some more twixtor tests with other footage I have shot over the past week, so I'm sure I'll be learning more. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers!

man I need me one of them 7D's!

Also, I dig the look of that live music video. Very energetic and "live" feeling.. I watched without sound.. so I dong know if its a CRAP tune, but it looked good! :)

Last edited:
May i ask what it is you paid for the Plug-in? Thinking of purchasing, the prices are around the below, if i remember.

$379.99 - Twixtor
$575.99 - Twixtor Pro

Lots of fun to watch! Last backflip was such that it looked like you were "wired" and being carried which just made things even more interesting to watch.

I don't have a clue about twixtor so I can't comment on the quality of the plug-in but from a viewer's ermmm...point of view...you have a good eye and a knack for editing.

Question

Could you please describe more detail how do you do it in Premiere? ;)
My problem is..how to export video in 24(or 30fps) if your sequence needs to be 60fps. Then...parts where i want things to move in 100% speed look jerky.
Thanks very much

Could you please describe more detail how do you do it in Premiere? ;)
My problem is..how to export video in 24(or 30fps) if your sequence needs to be 60fps. Then...parts where i want things to move in 100% speed look jerky.
Thanks very much

In that case: interpret your footage as 24, 25 or 30fps.
(You already gained slowmo-effect of 100 to 150% this way, since the footage will be longer in your time line)
Proceed as discribed by the TopicStarter. (But use the proper fps for your timelines)

Btw:
this procedure is almost similar to what I do in AE with Timewarp to convert PAL to NTSC. (Resulting in very sharp NTSC-footage.)

Last edited:
In that case: interpret your footage as 24, 25 or 30fps.
(You already gained slowmo-effect of 100 to 150% this way, since the footage will be longer in your time line)
Proceed as discribed by the TopicStarter. (But use the proper fps for your timelines)

Btw:
this procedure is almost similar to what I do in AE with Timewarp to convert PAL to NTSC. (Resulting in very sharp NTSC-footage.)
Thank you for reaction WalterB ;)
Although, I tried to do it this way: imported 60p footages, set interpret as 24p, and put them into 24p sequence...so, i already had 2,5x slower motion defaultly, (or more with twixtor)...BUT problem is when i want some parts to be played in normal speed. i thought, i can do it by setting twixtor to 250%, but it is jerky after output :( Probably it has something to do with that PAL>NTSC conversion..sorry, i dont understand it.

Back