Fujifilm X-H1 announced: the first video focused stills camera from Fujifilm

I don’t mean to be overly negative, but I don’t see how this camera competes with the GH5.

The anti-flicker might be worthwhile if you are shooting a lot of slow-motion. But the internal 10-bit on the GH5 is going to give more flexibility than any film look Fuji comes up with.

www.StockbyNumbers.com

I get your point. It surely does give you more leeway in post. But there's just something about Fuji and their new lineup of cameras which has piqued my curiosity enough to push me over the threshold and order one. Only time can tell whether or not the Fuji will live up to my expectations — if it doesn't, the GH5 it will be...

I don’t mean to be overly negative, but I don’t see how this camera competes with the GH5.

Personally I don't see it as being "better" than a GH5

But I can understand that others have different personal preferences than myself, as to what is important or not.

Thus for a few people the new Fujifilm XH1 is going to be a better fit for them.

More importantly, this is a big step forward for Fujifilm the company itself, even if it isn't thrusting them forward to the #1 spot we should still appreciate what this and applaud them for making the big step forward. As more competition is only a good thing for us the consumer.

Back