Voice Command Technology

I got new phones when I switched crappy ATT celular for Sprint. Better coverage and the 2 phones I payed 79 bucks for (I went with a one year contract.. so it wasnt free) have voice activation commands.

Very very cool. I know its been around for a while but I could never get the seamon brand phone to work with voice command.

Anyways, I was thinking this would be cool if you had video camera that would operate with voice command and be able to do everything by talking to your Equipment.

what do you guys think?

King Goldfish said:
Anyways, I was thinking this would be cool if you had video camera that would operate with voice command and be able to do everything by talking to your Equipment.

what do you guys think?
Sure. As long as there is a "grab me a beer" command :cheers:

Would be kinds difficult to operate once the camera started... you'd have extra audio being picked up.

"Zoom in... turn left... pan right... pull back...."

I'm just not keen on operating machinery that is smarter than myself. We should have stopped at the wheel. Even that whole fulcrum/lever invention was a step too far.

Steve the Luddite. :scared:

indietalk said:
Sure. As long as there is a "grab me a beer" command :cheers:

LOL

Zensteve said:
Would be kinds difficult to operate once the camera started... you'd have extra audio being picked up.

"Zoom in... turn left... pan right... pull back...."

I'm just not keen on operating machinery that is smarter than myself. We should have stopped at the wheel. Even that whole fulcrum/lever invention was a step too far.

Steve the Luddite. :scared:

Maybe new technology with hand signals or sign language then :D

You could easily design a system that picked up what is known as "sub-vocalization." It's similar to how those nifty ear-pieces that the government uses (note that there is no audio reciever that captures audible sound). Sub-vocalization is essentially speaking without making a sound. You move your mouth as if speaking silently to yourself and while no audible noise is formed an earpiece can pick up the vibrations through your jaw and convert it to an audio signal just as easily as any other system. These things are really cool actually. Just wish my camera had one now ;). Maybe they could also equip it with one of those retinal-scanning display systems now in use for fighter pilots... (ie it scans a beam across your eye giving you a "heads up display" that you can see through and follows your eye/head movements)!

it can be done, easily. My dad's hummer has phone that does all that like you say "Dial " then shes all "number please" and you say " two two seven eight one five ninetyninehundredseventhousand - Dial" and she says "Dialing two two seven eight one five ninetyninehundredseventhousand"

But when she cant understand you it gets annoying. And if you cuss at her and yell and scream she says "Goodbye" and shuts off on you. that bitch.

oh yea, its onstar phone..you press one button to turn it on and thats it, then you say everything.

"You will be assimilated, Locutus of Borg"
smiley_ninja.gif

Back