Nashville Film Fest

Just a little info:
I accidentally submitted a film to the Nashville Film Fest on WithoutaBox, but never paid the fee or sent the film in...but I just received this:

Dear Brandon,

Unfortunately, your film *&*&****, has not been selected for the 2012 Nashville Film Festival.

We received more than 2,900 entries this year and the decision process was a difficult one. Our process allows for each film to be seen a minimum of two times, some film are seen up to five times prior to rejection or acceptance.

If you have questions regarding our decision, please email filmmakers@nashvillefilmfestival.org and we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can. We ask that you email and do not call as we are still in the notification process.

If you are curious to see which films made the selection, we will begin public announcements on February 29, continuing through the end of March.

We wish you the best of luck in the future and thank you for submitting.

Sincerely,
Wm. Brian Owens
Artistic Director

Love the "seen at least twice" part.

It may be an answer, but I wouldn't consider it a satisfactory one.
As filmmakers, we are led to believe that film fests have a system or checklist of who watched what and who rejected what before it moves on the next round or doesn't and then they send a message. We know it's an automated message, but where were the checks!?

:lol: Dude seriously? You never paid or sent the film! So you got an ambiguous email. So what? You knew you hadn't entered.

They seem to be on their game they found your posts in google and emailed you an answer from web posts!

Now let me go look for that winning lottery ticket I never bought.

Time to burn some black candles at midnight?

haha!

Time to no longer defend them when they extend the notification deadline at the last minute by two weeks, then promise to notify on a date and move THAT date forward almost a week. Pretty slip shod behavior and poor treatment of filmmakers from someone who considers themselves a borderline "top tier" festival.

I am about to just say screw it and release the film on the web with six festivals still pending. Becoming apparent this movie is too damn weird to have a good festival run. I'm pretty sure it's not a bad film, the reviews have been stellar. Not sure what the problem is, but I'm tired of sitting on it waiting to have it rejected.

I KNOW you guys will. I have become VERY frustrated with the whole film festival process as far as shorts go. That's the reason I'm making a web series, bypass the gatekeepers.

I actually figure really prominently in a film that did get in, a doc on the Nashville Rollergirls roller derby team. Fat chance they'll see me there though.

Back