looking for director/producer or something.

hi fellas! i'll get straight to the point. i have 2 main universes and countless more scattered ideas in my mind. in the beginning i wanted to express them by comics but then i decided i wanna see them "alive" and in motion. i don't mind if it's gonna be animation or normal film with human actors. i can provide the script and lots of ideas about directing, you put your know-how and something awesome can come out of this. :D

cheerz! :cool:

How do you not all see the giant red flag here when he said he's watched enough movies to be self-taught? Whoever gets involved here is going to be in for one rocky trip... Just my warning.

How do you not all see the giant red flag here when he said he's watched enough movies to be self-taught? Whoever gets involved here is going to be in for one rocky trip... Just my warning.
Thank you for the warning.

I am a big boy now. I am willing to discuss projects with people.
I am willing to get involved in projects that interest me. If it's
one rocky trip; so be it. My entire career in this industry has
been one rocky trip. But thank you for warning us.

I guess this means you are not interested?

I am interested (we've sent a few PM's between us before this thread grew), more the medieval side of it rather than the other, though I'm not holding my breath. I've dealt with a lot of people with "ideas" and it almost never turns out well.

just one silly question. is there like a website where i can find info about all kinds of facts for writers? for example i wanna make a movie about world war 2, is there any website especially for that? or i have to google everything and one at a time? :weird: thank you for your time and sorry if i sound stupid. :blush:

Id suggest writing on a subject that you are already familiar with, something that you know deeply already. If you are inspired to write something in an area you are unfamiliar with then you will have to put in the hard work, research.

Sure you can find tons of info on the internet, but man your in Greece, you are in a country that was smack dab in the middle of WW2, go do some 1st person research, you may find your self inspired to write a completely different story.

The world exists "out there" not in here. Go look at some of it.

Are you really writing about WW2, or is that just the setting of your story?

Last edited:
Id suggest writing on a subject that you are already familiar with, something that you know deeply already. If you are inspired to write something in an area you are unfamiliar with then you will have to put in the hard work, research.

Sure you can find tons of info on the internet, but man your in Greece, you are in a country that was smack dab in the middle of WW2, go do some 1st person research, you may find your self inspired to write a completely different story.

The world exists "out there" not in here. Go look at some of it.

Are you really writing about WW2, or is that just the setting of your story?

no no, the WW2 was just an example, i'm kinda in the beginning of writing a script and it has something to do with politics, diplomacy, sci-fi and war. and i always hated the politics and i don't wanna talk about them, so i don't really know much about them. aaand here comes the research part. if no websites for writers, then "manual" investigation. :) actually come to think of it, my script is kinda like WW2, it's about modern dictatorship. watch "Land of confusion" by "Disturbed" on the tube. (this was exactly what i had in mind lots of years ago, BEFORE the video got released, buuut, who is the world gonna believe? :/ )

ok so i will have a good friend give me a hand with the scripts. the problem is that i wanna co-direct it. i may not be a professional director but i have lots of cool ideas. and one last question. i need suggestions for semi-pro filming equipment and its budget. i still don't know my budget, i'm just trying to get the picture. and now that i said "picture", i'm thinking about purchasing a Nokia Lumia 1020, its cam is 41 megapixels and its HD videos look like Hollywood's best. xD what do you guys think? :)

i kinda organized my scattered ideas and now i'm starting to develop a universe by putting it down on paper. (or on the pc?) i'm creating the characters and the places of the world, etc but i have a question. in which language should i write my script? as for the rest how-to's, i googled. (but still have many questions) :blush:

just one silly question. is there like a website where i can find info about all kinds of facts for writers? for example i wanna make a movie about world war 2, is there any website especially for that? or i have to google everything and one at a time? :weird: thank you for your time and sorry if i sound stupid. :blush:

You could also walk into a library and find some books :P

just one silly question. is there like a website where i can find info about all kinds of facts for writers?

Wikipedia? The best part is if the facts don't work for your story, you can change them!

for example i wanna make a movie about world war 2, is there any website especially for that?

World War II on Wikipedia

i'm kinda in the beginning of writing a script and it has something to do with politics, diplomacy, sci-fi and war

Politics

Diplomacy

Science Fiction

War

Screenwriting

Screenplay

Last edited:
but i have a question. in which language should i write my script?
You should write in the language you are most comfortable with.

It's an excellent question; if you write your script in Greek you
will limit the people who can read it. If you want a producer or
director in the US or UK the script should be written in english.

wow, thx a lot itdonnedonme! gonna start working asap (btw i liked the fb page ;) )! directorik, thank you so much for the advice, i will write my scripts with final draft 9 in english, i wanna make it to the top you see. :P

one last Q. let's say i have my script ready. and i also wanna participate in directing. what is my next move? :huh:

that's what i was (and still am) going through for one of my scripts. lack of some parts from general knowledge. by the way i rejected the medieval universe, it's a pain in the you know what. :grumpy:

right now i'm starting to develop my sin city-like universe and also "assemble" some ideas/facts for an other script (modern dictatorship like WW2 mixed with mystery). i sure could use some help, so if any screenwriters out there share the same taste, you are most welcome. :yes:

cheerz fellas!

Back