• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My movie idea. Do you have any tip?

Hello community,

I find my series project too difficult. So, I decided to write a movie. And yah! I’ve already three topics (more or less): horror + Greek gods/ mythology + modern time. Don’t worry! It isn’t going to be something like Percy Jackson. My project shall be much darker and more mind-fuck. (Sure, this book is just a little “snack”. But hey!) Do you have any tip to mix these topics? How do you find it? Let's discuss.

@Quality Have you ever read Percy Jackson? The author took the Greek gods (or demigods (By the way, the protagonist is a son of Poseidon)) and put them into funny situations in the modern time. So, I can do it, too. Just plus horror! By the way, it’s an awesome book and I can recommend it. It’s a must-read!

Hello community,

I find my series project too difficult. So, I decided to write a movie. And yah! I’ve already three topics (more or less): horror + Greek gods/ mythology + modern time. Don’t worry! It isn’t going to be something like Percy Jackson. My project shall be much darker and more mind-fuck. (Sure, this book is just a little “snack”. But hey!) Do you have any tip to mix these topics? How do you find it? Let's discuss.

Wel... you can watch a gender bender movies. Or you can watch surreal movies for inspiration. I think there are some interesting Greek story's that would work in Horror + modern time ... Pandora's box or the labyrinth of King Minos. A interesting new gender bender+horor is the movie Mother. Its the first Testament told from the perspective of mother earth. She is living with God in a house (the house is the planet) and there are quests coming that don't want to go (humanity).

Haaaaa... that reminds me... have to watch angels egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIhKqaNp4Dc

You are in the same position as before. You still want to write something, without having something to write. You still don't have a story, not even any idea of the story. Choosing a topic is not movie idea. Find a mother fucking story for Zeus... sake.

How married are you to this concept?
Is this writing for the sake of writing or would you like to see this in action?

In my opinion, just on paper, it seems like a little busy conceptually. I have to ask why these things? Horror, Mythology, Modern times. Is this a fascination of yours or more along the lines that it hasnt been done? Percy jackson isnt horror so i wouldnt make the comparison.

So there is already a book to base this on? Ok so adapt it. Or is there a book that is inspiring you to write something simiar (different characters, story, etc.)?

If there is already a book and you are adapting it, then we don't really factor into what story you should tell. You should tell the story that cinematically makes sense from the book.

What book is it?

It's easy to say I want to write Pulp Fiction meets Mary Poppins... the hard part is, you know... WRITING it so here's where we tell you to get to work... again. ;)

Back