• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch From Day to Night. My made in Japan short film.

wkQ3eZO.jpg

So after a few years of being unable to make any serious shorts, I finally got a chance this time last year to shoot one here in Japan. I'm pretty pleased with it - there's a lot I'd change in retrospect, as with anything - but I've now put it live on Vimeo for people to check out. So it would be awesome if you gave it a look and told me what you thought!

https://vimeo.com/235111456

It was also the first time I attempted entering any festivals. I lucked into being accepted into a Japanese film festival in Saitama. It was one of the most buttclenching things I've ever done. Being up on a stage doing a live Q&A and meeting with Japanese directors, it is definitely something I'll remember for a long, long time.

HwXjWWM.jpg

Sensual use of dialogue. Works to your favor. One feel it coming and it comes amazingly. -the three words, I mean.

A couple of those transitions were really cool.
I wonder if him wearing a slightly different shirt would've added anything to it.
Or having him clean shaven, then stubbled.
You actually do look butt clenched in that pic haha
Congrats :)

wow loved it the transitions and angles and the story the then and now effect shot was the best shot this would be a perfect flashback in a horror story

Thanks for the feedback all!

I wonder if him wearing a slightly different shirt would've added anything to it.
Or having him clean shaven, then stubbled.

I wanted to keep the shirt consistent, but I did think about the clean shaven thing. Unfortunately my friend was only in Japan for a limited time, so we shot 95% of this in one day.

Back