Do these guns look real enough?

Okay then. I will look for prop guns and see what is the best one, get it, and make it. I was just simply asking if anyone knew where to get one, that's all :). Plus I am still waiting for actors to get back to me on it, so I thought I would shop, while I wait, since I cannot shoot it without them at the moment.

Last edited:
Maybe lazy isn't the right word...

Then 1) stop posting; 2) grab your camera; 3) make something.

I guess I am just tired of not being to have a lot of what I want, it always seems to be can't have this, can't have that, etc.

Translation: you have no clue how to work within your means because you spend all your time running yourself, and the forums, in circles on your senseless minutiae instead of practicing by actually making short films.

So again:

1) STOP POSTING
2) GRAB YOUR CAMERA
3) MAKE SOMETHING

Well I have a script, but still need some props to get and waiting for actors to get back to me. I could post footage I shot myself for practice, but it wouldn't count as a short film with a real story to tell though. I am having trouble coming up with stories to tell without characters. It is a writing weakness with me. I tried shooting that a poem without characters, The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost, but I couldn't think of a way, to show five minutes of shots of roads, without it becoming repetitive and lacking, since all you would be seeing are shots of roads, and nothing else to tell the story of the journey...

Last edited:
I am having trouble coming up with stories to tell without characters.

aka. You don't have the experience needed to tell stories. Through experience, you learn how to tell different stories. You have no experience. You're expecting to run before you start crawling.

You'll get to h44 town faster when you start gaining some momentum. Crawling is better than your current pace.

I'm sorry I don't mean to drive people crazy, I honestly don't. Just wasn't sure where to get a certain prop, and was just asking. Sorry. I'm also afraid of getting into legal trouble since there are possible laws and restrictions on prop firearms, which is another reason why I was hesitant to not by them right away, and really wanted to know which ones to buy first.

Last edited:
I don't mean to drive people crazy
While quality props are nice, a decent film maker will be able to make a story work with paddle pops glued together in a shape of a gun before a clueless film maker will be able to make a realistic looking prop work well.

You're not at the point where the finer details of props matter.

I tried shooting that a poem without characters, The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost...

Oh, there just isn't enough time to unpack the irony of this.

... but I couldn't think of a way, to show five minutes of shots of roads, without it becoming repetitive and lacking, since all you would be seeing are shots of roads, and nothing else to tell the story of the journey...

Five minutes?! How slowly did you read the poem? It takes all of 1:20! We're talking about a 90-second short here when all's said and done!

And it doesn't have to be completely without people, just without dialog. Grab a friend. Make him (or her?) the hiker. Shoot it on city streets just to shake things up.

Or don't.

Damnit, indietalk, I got suckered back in, too.

Let's just chalk it up to us being the crazy ones. Honestly, a lot of us WANT to see something from you, H44. It's frustrating for us that for all we tell you, nothing has come up yet.

Let's just chalk it up to us being the crazy ones. Honestly, a lot of us WANT to see something from you, H44. It's frustrating for us that for all we tell you, nothing has come up yet.

Okay thanks. Well this would be my third short film technically so I will do my best to get it done.

At close range a headshot with blanks can kill people. Just an FYI

Okay thanks, I know. I'll be careful.

Oh, there just isn't enough time to unpack the irony of this.

Five minutes?! How slowly did you read the poem? It takes all of 1:20! .

I agree 100%!!

I actually counted the words in that poem back when that abortion of a thread was still alive, and figured for $10 you can get a professional read on that script.

Then, film PEOPLE, not f'n roads! It's about life! Not f'n roads! About choices, not .... f'n ..... roads!!!!

Ok, you can shoot that poem with a wedding ring, a baby, a house, a car, a person, maybe two people, a bar, a sunset, a sunrise, if you can think of a story where someone made a decision, then you can interpret that poem
Into a script.

Oh crap. Look at me. I got it all over me again.

Back