Looking for a Park Location

I am currently helping out on a short film, and we are looking for an ideal park location in the L.A. area. The scene is to be shot at night, so we are looking for a place as well-lit as possible. We also have a small budget, so we are looking to shoot it as reasonably as possible, if you know what I mean. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Advance tips never hurt, good Lux. ;)

'sup Becks137 :cool:

I'm up in Anaheim... all of the local city parks I can think of here are closed after dark. They tend to be lit with dim orange sodium lamps after dusk.

What is it you are looking for that makes a park "ideal"? Ponds, playgrounds, walkways, structures, green grass...

We are mainly just looking for stretches of grass and some trees, nothing fancy, with some lighting but not those sucky orange lights. (Although our DP was going to try to manipulate the camera to compensate for the orange, if you have any tips on that, those are appreciated as well.) We may have to use someone's backyard and just put up some lights of our own, this would also take care of the permit or 'getting caught' issue. But who has a huge backyard in L.A.? Anyways, thanks for the reply!

Back