• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch YOUTHFOOL - Late Nights [80s Pop)

Hey everyone,

A music video I directed just released this week and I thought I'd share it! We shot in an old salon & a retro pinball collection and we used a bunch of aputure lights and rented a 'Letus Anamorphix' adapter which was quirky, but gave the look that I wanted in the end. We shot on an A7s (mark 1) into a blackmagic 4k recorder/monitor.

The actors were the lead singer and his girlfriend (who is a non-actor), but I'm really proud of how they just went for it.

https://youtu.be/PFc0JFBGJ8U

I'd love some feedback if you've got time!

- Luke

Song is good, video is great, direction/cinematography/acting. :clap:

Only change I would have made is, singer... I get he is supposed to be disheveled looking, or a drunk mess, and perhaps that is even his stage look not sure... but in the scenes where he is singing and not acting in the scene with the girl, have him more put together looking... for contrast. The acting scenes then become more dramatic and the singing look more polished, imo. :)

VERY well done!

Song is good, video is great, direction/cinematography/acting. :clap:

Only change I would have made is, singer... I get he is supposed to be disheveled looking, or a drunk mess, and perhaps that is even his stage look not sure... but in the scenes where he is singing and not acting in the scene with the girl, have him more put together looking... for contrast. The acting scenes then become more dramatic and the singing look more polished, imo. :)

VERY well done!

Thank you for the encouraging words!

Yeah, I can totally see your point there. As it currently stands the 'performing' parts do blend into the rest of the scenes instead of popping out a bit. I guess it mostly came from wanting to tie all of the aspects of the video together in some loose, semi-abstract way. But seeing it from your point of view I do agree that some contrast would go a long way!

Back