• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

UK Jackass

Basically me and some friends are at the beginning of a UK Jackass indiefilm.
This is just a thread asking for any ideas or even if you would like to be involved in the filming.

How about a Jackass about camping. I think many ideas come to mind. Like accidently falling in fire after drinking too much. Or building tents and like peeing on the up hill and the pee rolling down hill into the next guys sleeping bag. Just some ideas. They could do four wheeler stunts. Maybe pretend to be a bear at night to scare someone in a tent by wearing a bear suit. Then tell some funny camping stories. Maybe make home made bombs and blow stuff up. Of course these could be dangerous. How about a skit about hunting for deer but with a truck instead of a gun. Then you run the deer over with a cow catcher on the front of some crappy old truck. Of course that could be cruelty to animals I guess but still I think it is a funny concept.

How about a skit where some one must ride inside of a porta potty while it is on a trailer towed by a truck. The crap is sloshing around while they are hitting bumps and pot holes in the road and going off road with the truck. Could be similar to a steve o moment. Maybe the guy unknowningly gets into the porta potty that all ready is attached to a hidden trailer with a truck ready to tow it. Then it has a hidden camear inside showing him getting crap sloshing around as the bumps in the road are hit.

Have a motor cycle rider that is good jump the sleeping bags while people are in them outside (without tent) or something like that (again dangerous but if you have an expert rider and a ramps it could happen.

Go around and pretend to be cops and bust people for smoking weed. (of course has some legal issues but funny). Maybe even plant fake weed on people that are un-expecting it. Take the weed from them and then proceed to smoke it in front of them in your cop suits.

Of course these ideas are all out there but hey you got to have some crazy ideas to get something good.

Last edited:
No because if you actually watch them and pay attention they are two very different things.

I think 'very different' may be going to far. These 'stunt' shows are all much of a muchness and, on the whole, not a good idea.

Recommendations: Insurance is an absolute must, ambulance on scene is advisable, legal representation is another essential.

How about a Jackass about camping. I think many ideas come to mind. Like accidently falling in fire after drinking too much. Or building tents and like peeing on the up hill and the pee rolling down hill into the next guys sleeping bag. Just some ideas. They could do four wheeler stunts. Maybe pretend to be a bear at night to scare someone in a tent by wearing a bear suit. Then tell some funny camping stories. Maybe make home made bombs and blow stuff up. Of course these could be dangerous. How about a skit about hunting for deer but with a truck instead of a gun. Then you run the deer over with a cow catcher on the front of some crappy old truck. Of course that could be cruelty to animals I guess but still I think it is a funny concept.

How about a skit where some one must ride inside of a porta potty while it is on a trailer towed by a truck. The crap is sloshing around while they are hitting bumps and pot holes in the road and going off road with the truck. Could be similar to a steve o moment. Maybe the guy unknowningly gets into the porta potty that all ready is attached to a hidden trailer with a truck ready to tow it. Then it has a hidden camear inside showing him getting crap sloshing around as the bumps in the road are hit.

Have a motor cycle rider that is good jump the sleeping bags while people are in them outside (without tent) or something like that (again dangerous but if you have an expert rider and a ramps it could happen.

Go around and pretend to be cops and bust people for smoking weed. (of course has some legal issues but funny). Maybe even plant fake weed on people that are un-expecting it. Take the weed from them and then proceed to smoke it in front of them in your cop suits.

Of course these ideas are all out there but hey you got to have some crazy ideas to get something good.

Dude i liked it all! Well everything besides the running the deer over, I ain't into hurting animals bro :P I especially like the idea of planting weed on people then smoking it infront of them, thats brilliant :D

Does anyone have a production to recommend that we could sell this to?

I think 'very different' may be going to far. These 'stunt' shows are all much of a muchness and, on the whole, not a good idea.

Recommendations: Insurance is an absolute must, ambulance on scene is advisable, legal representation is another essential.

Yeah i guess 'Very different' is too far. Dirty Shanchez they just hurt themselves and sometimes its not even funny its just pure shock value. Jackass is anything that will make the audience laugh which is why i believe it is way more successful.

You haven't thought this plan through properly, have you. :hmm:

Does anyone have a production to recommend that we could sell this to?

To be honest I think you will struggle to sell this to anyone. The shows that get out there have an established fan base before broadcast and I think it will be almost impossible to get someone to just pick this up out of the blue, especially as only really MTV broadcasts this sort of thing and even then there are only really Jackass, Dirty Sanchez and The Dudesons doing this sort of stuff.

Your best bet is probably doing a drip drip, on stunt at a time feed on YouTube and trying to establish viral word of mouth. Any profits you'll get will be all yours, but best of all it will be out there in the public domain. Otherwise you could spend 10 years trying to sell this idea and no one is going to touch it, I'm afraid.

To be honest I think you will struggle to sell this to anyone. The shows that get out there have an established fan base before broadcast and I think it will be almost impossible to get someone to just pick this up out of the blue, especially as only really MTV broadcasts this sort of thing and even then there are only really Jackass, Dirty Sanchez and The Dudesons doing this sort of stuff.

Your best bet is probably doing a drip drip, on stunt at a time feed on YouTube and trying to establish viral word of mouth. Any profits you'll get will be all yours, but best of all it will be out there in the public domain. Otherwise you could spend 10 years trying to sell this idea and no one is going to touch it, I'm afraid.

Hmmm, good advice tbh about the youtube idea. Would get alot more attention towards the works... :D I'll talk to my friends and if they're cool with it. I'll post our first video on here ;)
Just need to think of a channel name!

Back