1 movie , 24 festivals. is it a good movie?

Friends i am totally confused about film festivals. do they accept any good movie?or even a bad movie?
look here the link of Pakistani film which was taken into 24 festivals but it has no record of getting released on theatrs even in international regions(in Pakistan their might be problems of digital projection). I am also trying to contact this person who was the director but can you tell me a movie getting entry in so many festivals why did'nt got theatrical release?

the link is

http://www.zibahkhana.com/

want to know your opinion !

regards

"Good" and "bad" are subjective.

A movie you call bad I might call good. So if I was running a festival
I might choose a movie you think is bad.

And many, many good movies are accepted in festivals and never get
a release in the theaters. It costs a LOT of money to promote and
advertise a movie playing in the theaters and sometimes a movie that
is very good just doesn't have a broad enough appeal to justify those
expenses.

The producers of that film may be concentrating on submissions to festivals in the hopes that it will win enough recognition to have someone else pay to do all of the promotion and the film prints to do theatrical distribution.

It's hard enough to work a single self funded showing into the budget at the low-budget level and have to be responsible for filling the house to make your money back on the showing... which means money spent promoting the showing. It's much easier and affordable to hit festivals.

hmmm i was confused why after entering to so many festivals why the movie didnt got any distribitor weather the movie was unlicky or the festiavls have decreased there standard...i am still trying to get that man omer khan...want to interview him too.....

Back