"New Media" question

Does anyone know how, or have any ideas how to go about finding out about how to get distribution for "new media".. I am thinking particularly Cell Phones. I'm currently in the early stages of an animated series, which currently has 6 hour long stories being rewritten in script format, and the author is then planning to continue the story, etc..

This is primarily a business venture, so we are looking at things in much more of a business minded manner than any of the other projects I've worked on in the past. That being the case, we're looking into various avenues of exhibition. One of those ideas involved cell phone streaming (think V-Cast from Verizon) because while not all the cell providers offer it yet, likely they all will within the next few years.

Our primary focus is standard methods of delivery of course: DVD, etc, but we're looking to reach as many as we can (as any good distribution campaign should). Given that the animation can easily be scaled from cell phone sized up to 2K or higher resolution, it just makes sense for us to try to take advantage of the flexibility that gives us for delivery.

If you have any info about cell phone video streaming, and how you can get your video(s) added to their list of available media, etc. Or any other new media info I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Back