• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help! To form a survey for Multiplot.

Hello everyone,I am not so active here so I will introduce myself again.
My name is Adithya from India,Studying BA in VisualEffects.For my last years final project I am working on a short movie that involves two characters and set in the current times of my country.

Along with this I am working on my Dissertation which is about "Character empathy in multiplot films".What I I will be doing is make a detailed study on all the multiplot movies we love and dissect it so I can try to find out why we love it so much.So I am thinking of going with Quentin`s movies and others like Magnolia,Prestige,(StarWars) and a few I cant remember right now.

Before I start with that I want to conduct a survey,Talk to people and ask them about their feel from a multiplot story and how they relate to it or why they like it.So I need help forming some questions.

Remember,This is general so I cant just ask which Quentin movie you love and why is such a good writer.Many wont even know him so I need to be as common as i possibly can and collect answers from 100`s so I can come up with a theory of how people connect to a movie when there are more than one characters with equal weight.And also I am focusing more on just two character based movies with One Good and other EVIL but in the end it turns the opposite.

HELP ! I need to know what kind of questions you would ask if you were conducting a survey online and you needed to know about their favorite multiplot movies and why they like it and what would they like in it or somewhere around this and be as precise as possible with a question and 4-5 options to tick.

OR if you have better ideas I am always welcome to read them :)

Ups. Character empathy in multiple plot films vs. single plot films?

And you want the audience to either confirm or rule out your assumption. Your assumption is that multiple plot films are different what character empathy is concerned. Characters are more likable.

Then you should put two movie titles next to each other. Only one of them is a multiple plot film. Have the audience check for which characters they root more for... if they have seen both movies. Make sure both movies have the same IMDb score.

Yes,That is a brilliant idea.Thank you.Will use it.

And also im not going for a VS thing,I am just going in deep about developing a character for a multiplot film,As you have to give equal importance especially if its about two.Like Prestige and Departed.

Back