• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Horror/Thriller shot in a corn maze - Guerilla style

Hey guys!
I just finished editing on the guerilla-style horror film that we shot in a corn maze this year. This was done in one evening without the permission of the owners of the corn maze. We had a lot of fun shooting it, and I think it's definitely a fun watch. Check it out, leave feedback, and happy Halloween!

"Breach"

Nice. It starts off quite strong. Overall quite watchable. I think a few things missing are:

• I think you do need at least the suggestion of a monster, a force, a menace, a villain, a danger, something like that to convince the audience and really grab them, make them feel like there's real danger. Otherwise, it's more like confusion, or too confused. By suggestion, I think I mean at least a glimpse of the monster or whatever, a sound...something.

• I think it's too bad you don't do more to convince us those people are dead, or whatever they are. There might have been blood or whatever appropriate to the story...something to persuade us, yes, those are corpses and those still living are in real peril.

• Related to that, your MC and the other survivors are way too quick to decide their friends are dead without even a cursory examination. I didn't feel like just turning one guy around a bit was nearly enough. As Mike Stoklasa might say, "Oh, I guess they read the script," as in; that's how they know their friends are dead without even examining them. This is further compounded by the fact that we aren't given, as far as I can tell, any clue as to what's going on or what the danger is --other than that supposedly people are dropping dead. Then the survivors take off in terror. I realize that people making stupid, irrational choices is par for the course in horror, but I think their behavior is way too inexplicable here. I think the audience needs more.

Still, despite that, you guys did a nice job in creating the appropriate atmosphere. And I guess that, among other things, what you were going for with this short is a proof of concept sort of thing?

Nice work. =)

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I just finished editing on the guerilla-style horror film that we shot in a corn maze this year. This was done in one evening without the permission of the owners of the corn maze. We had a lot of fun shooting it, and I think it's definitely a fun watch. Check it out, leave feedback, and happy Halloween!

"Breach"

This is good. It all sort of makes sense. I wasn't 'jump out of my seat' scared but was interested to see what would happen next.

The female actor you have at the end delivers a couple of lines very well.

This is good stuff.

Thank you both for the replies! Richy, I will take your comments to heart and apply them next time we try to do a horror/found footage film. I can totally see how it gets a little confusing as to who/what the "monster" is and it would be a good idea to give the audience a glimpse at some point before the final shot. You're right about it being outrageous that the characters just assume their friends are dead just by looking at them for a brief moment, I should have included something more telling (blood, torn clothing, something). This was definitely a "proof of concept" sort of thing (thanks for the new term!), I mostly wanted to see if it was possible to make a film in a for-pay corn maze without getting kicked out or arrested. This project was just a great way to reinforce a sense of community in not only my group of friends but also among potential cast/crew for future productions. I definitely know now who is easy to work with, who is punctual, who can act, who can't, etc. Again, thanks for the feedback, it's genuinely appreciated. Cheers!

Back