Help Finding a Location

Hey everybody

I've finished writing a script that I'm hoping to shoot. I'm just having trouble with one, extremely crucial aspect. I can't find the location.

So this film takes place solely in an office building in the city (Brisbane, AU) and because this is a student film, I'd rather not spend money to hire office space. Because of this I have found it rather difficult to find an accommodating office building willing to let me film for two nights over the weekend (or weekday, whenever).

I was wondering if anyone here had any tips or suggestions as to where I could find some locations, being office space.

- Thanks!

Try Visible Ink. They're there to help student filmmakers. Just be aware, parking near there is painful at best.

If I see right, you're a butcher? Ask some suits who come in if they knew of any place that might be suitable for it. One might volunteer their work place.

Just a thought...

Look around for suitable locations. Once you have a list offer to the owner/manager/whatever to shoot a baby shower, childs party, anniversary or something similar as a "rent" payment for your day or two of off-hours usage.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys! I've got a few leads that I'm waiting on for a reply, I'll let you know how it goes. And Sweetie, I'm not sure what you mean by being a Butcher?

Cheers!

Back