• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New video online: Alone In The Dark

The action and editing look fine.

A - EVERYTHING is waaaaay too dark. Change your camera settings next time.

B - @ 0:38 There's no sense in aiming a gun at someone that doesn't already have a round chambered in the breech, therefore there's no need to rack the slide to chamber a round to fire it after you've already aimed the pistol presumably already loaded and ready to fire.
Chamber a round THEN aim it THEN fire.
Not aim it THEN chamber a round THEN fire.
Common non-gun using director error. Very common. Painfully, excruciating common error.

1287752603.jpg

You guys are killing me.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-with-a-round-chambered/
"Maintaining our “quickly” theme…
When you draw you want to simply be able to pull the trigger and have it go “boom.” The last thing in the world you want to do is have to rack the slide and chamber a round. Yes, there are professionals out there who can do this lighting fast, but for 99% of gun owners having to rack a round will likely be a death sentence in a deadly force situation...

... Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage by not having a round in the chamber or by wearing an ankle holster that you have to bend all the way over to draw from. In other words, don’t be foolish when your life depends on it."

About [the author] Jason Hanson
Jason Hanson is a former CIA officer. He’s also an NRA Certified Instructor, a Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor and an Eagle Scout.

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/1222
"I am often asked if I think it is safe or smart to carry a gun with a live cartridge in the chamber.
My answer is, “Yes, a live round in the chamber of a modern handgun, coupled with strict adherence to the Four, Universal Safety Rules is safe and smart.”
Safe, because as long as you keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target, the gun will not fire the loaded round in the chamber.
Smart, because when you need a gun to save your life or the lives of your loved ones, FRACTIONS of seconds count. At that moment you need a loaded gun, RIGHT NOW!
Under the stress of a lethal encounter, you do not want to be hampered or slowed in your response to someone trying to kill you, by having to chamber a live round into your gun."

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/s...-carry-a-pistol-do-you-have-a-round-chambered
"If you carry a pistol, do you have a round chambered??
For those of you that carry a pistol, do you have a round chambered?
[Self answer] I keep a round chambered, my personal choice! You have to be ready for the unexpected & when that time comes, there better be one in the pipe!
Police always have a round chambered, why shouldn't a Marine!

[Answer #1] Round chambered, on safe, and double action. Otherwise what good is it?

[Answer #2] I carry Inside the waist Condition 1 with a glock 27. Can you say for certain that you will have both hands free should you NEED your pistol? No safety, no regrets. Safe weapons handing is 10X better than a mechanical safety. [IOW: chambered]

[Answer #3] Always carry with round chambered. Takes to much time to rack the slide when you realy need it.

[Answer #4] Cocked and locked here. It's the way John Moses Browning designed my carry weapon, it's the way I'll carry it. [IOW: chambered]

[Answer #5] Since the decock mechanism is on most auto double actions now really no reason not to.

[Answers #6, 7, 8 were off topic]

[Answer #9] I would NEVER carry a weapon without a round chambered. What is the purpose? You should never carry it unless you feel you are committed to using it; under the right circumstances of course.

If you have to use it, your best odds are if you can eliminate any unnecessary or wasted steps in your presentation. Less time prepping your gun, and more time working the trigger while you acquire your sights on your target.

At most you should have to take the weapon off safe, and or cock the hammer before you begin your trigger pull, acquire your sights and hit your target."

Don't point your gun something you don't intend to shoot.
You can't shoot an unchambered gun.
Ergo: Only point a chambered gun at a target you intend to shoot.

If you must, C3:
- pull pistol
- rack slide to chamber round
- aim at target
- fire

Otherwise - carry ready to rock and roll.

More: http://forums.officer.com/t74622/

PS, anyone here other than the director wanna explain why she was carrying a pistol with only two rounds in the mag?

Last edited:
Back