• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

CRIMPS needs music

So, after only the first few days on KickStarter I'm about a third of the way toward my goal, which is encouraging...

For those who have done this, though, I'm curious. Despite the early returns, my project doesn't show up on any of KS's "New & Popular" lists. I guess I'd be okay with that, except they have other projects on the list that have been there longer and haven't had nearly the success mine has. I'm willing to bet that a lot of KS "surfers" peruse those lists looking for projects. To put it rather crassly, who does one have to @#$% to get a little respect from those guys?

Yeah and with the progress you've made in just a few days, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't feature it. It's win-win for both parties when a campaign is booming.

Little advice on Kickstarter: The criteria for front page material's usually projects with large goals, projects with great messages, projects with a lot of artistic value or projects that get large pledges.

This is because they have to generate income, and the best way to do it is to cast a great light on the front page.

It took a 10K pledge to get Superseeds to the front page, despite having already raised 4-5K of the 17.5K goal prior to that.

If you want to get it to the top, bug them mercilessly.

Well, halfway through the campaign and I'm two-thirds funded. After an initial surge, though, activity dropped quickly. Looks like you can't just coast through this process; gotta keep nose to grindstone.

It's been an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

Thanks for the support, monetary and otherwise!

Back