• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Short: Dear Daddy

Here is a link to a new short we just completed.

This is the three minute version of Dear Daddy, a film we produced in July 2010.

I am very proud of what we accomplished, especially seeing as almost 75% of it was filmed by two of my daughters (ages 7 and 9) using a manual focus DSLR!

http://vimeo.com/14604654

Feel free to leave any feedback you might have. The only way to get better is to learn from mistakes!

Wow...even though I had an idea of where you were taking us, I still had a tear come down during the grave scene. I guess that's what being a parent will do to us. Awesome job!

I enjoyed it. Little too much lense flare for me, and I dont think the film effect is necessary. It would still be good without it.

I think it’s great.

I agree on the light flare/film grain, it’s just too much of a good thing.

Also, I’m not into the style of music you went with. Granted, it does have a certain dramatic forward momentum to it that works well when you hit the grave scene, but more so (To me) it feels cold and impersonal or detached by way of its synthy sounding nature. I think something with organic warmth, yet still a slight dramatic edge would benefit the piece much more.

I can certainly imagine going through a 1000 songs to find the perfect one for this, but I think the subject matter and quality of shots would warrant such a search.

Anyways, I like it a lot.

-Thanks-

Thanks for your feedback Buddy! I love getting comments to help make things better. I really want to make each film better and it's with the help of people like you that I can try to make that a reality! Many thanks for your time watching and critiquing!

Brenton,

You’re welcome. The Screening Room can be hit or miss (Sometimes it’s rocking, sometimes it’s a ghost town), but I think you’ll find everyone here (Around the rest of the site) always eager to help in their various and numerous areas of expertise and thoughts and opinions, so you’ve come to the right place to share and learn.

I look forward to seeing what else you and the team create.

-Thanks-

Back