• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenplay template?

Or a script template showing an easy way to format or write out your script so it looks somehwhat professional?

would like to get some things down on paper with character names and dialogues. Nothing to complicated please.

Format...

King Goldfish said:
Or a script template showing an easy way to format or write out your script so it looks somehwhat professional?

would like to get some things down on paper with character names and dialogues. Nothing to complicated please.
Not sure if you're asking for some kind of formatting guidelines or would you rather have a free screenplay word processor?

Here's a nice fast information piece on formatting:

A Few Notes on Formatting

This same page has a pdf file on formatting that you can download:

Screenplay Format Sample (PDF)
Screenplay Format Sample (Text only version)

Here's a few links to the best FREE screenplay word processors:

Cinergy
celtx
ScriptBuddy

Hope that works...

Good luck!

filmy

sonnyboo said:
There are several FREEWARE plug ins for Microsoft WORD that automatically do the SCREENPLAY format here:
http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/downloads.htm

Thanks Sonny

FilmJumper said:
Not sure if you're asking for some kind of formatting guidelines or would you rather have a free screenplay word processor?

Here's a nice fast information piece on formatting:

A Few Notes on Formatting

This same page has a pdf file on formatting that you can download:

Screenplay Format Sample (PDF)
Screenplay Format Sample (Text only version)

Here's a few links to the best FREE screenplay word processors:

Cinergy
celtx
ScriptBuddy

Hope that works...

Good luck!

filmy

Thanks Film.

"A Few Notes on Formatting" Thats exactly what I meant.

Last edited:
paulinv said:
I still can't figure out Celtx. I'm going to try Scriptbuddy next. Open Office works fine.

walk through the full tutorial in celtx...Once I took the tiem to do that, it came together for me...and I can collaborate with folks on other platforms which is why I, Personally, recommend it as free software.

Back