[Feb 12] What are you working on this week?

Just purchased a 3D model of a rocket to learn 3D editor in HitFilm to add an actual rocket to be fired from a space age RJP rocket launcher in my sci-fi film from a few years ago. The rocket attack was cut to be something for a clip for the IMDB. If the revised scene works out with the 3D rocket, I will cut it into the footage for the present 22 minute version. The next step for the future will be to get a new 3D spaceship to replace the original in the footage that looks really bad with the strings showing.

Going to shoot some B-roll in LA.

Location: Venice Beach, Union Station, Polka Dot Wall at The Springs.

Last time when I was shooting some B-roll in downtown LA outside one of the buildings, security literally started cursing me after seeing the camera. He didn't ask me any questions. He just asked me to get the hell out of there.

Let's see what experience I am going to have this time.

Krios, looking good.

I ran into a problem with trying to use the 3D rocket in the footage. There isn't enough timeframes at 25 fps for it to work in a two second rocket flyby. It pretty much disappears. I am trying something else for the scene.

Last edited:
Last time when I was shooting some B-roll in downtown LA outside one of the buildings, security literally started cursing me after seeing the camera. He didn't ask me any questions. He just asked me to get the hell out of there.
Did you get good B-roll of him?

Back