Wire Removal Tutorial with HitFilm

If only most wire removal jobs were that easy lol
I'm tired of tutorials that show you the effects with simple shots that are guaranteed to work, no matter what method you use. I want to see more with a challenging shot that might mix planar tracking, projection camera mapping and maybe even offsetting in the same shot.

Wire Removal can look worse. Practice makes perfect, if not improvement. TV series like Smallville use greenscreen with wires painted the same color as the greenscreen to save time. To mess up and make mistakes until techniques are mastered are part of the learning process.

I don't mean to discourage anyone.
I'd rather encourage to do things in camera than thinking that green screen is an easy solution.
If you got the team or the skills to do all the lighting, tracking and keying properly it can work.

In other words, give it a try. That's how learning begins.

Exactly!

We could wax poetic all day about what the high-end studios use. The thing is, some of the less-expensive and free options, like HitFilm, may have smaller learning curves for beginners. Honestly, I'm impressed with what HitFilm has managed to put together, even in the free version. It may be the right fit for plenty of beginners, hobbyists, and amateurs out there.

And to think, 10 years ago this kind of task was not available in a free - or even dirt-cheap - NLE.

Wire removal is totally a situational problem. Simple "wire removal" tools work super well sometimes and other times you can't get around a patch and restore situation.

I work as a Flame artist and am always happy to answer or help with people's projects.

Back