• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need Help With 3 Minute Short Idea

Hey,

So Im writing a 3 minute short for a contest and I know I have a good idea, but Im struggling on how to flesh it out into a complete story.

In ACT I a man & woman are recently married, on their honeymoon in NYC. The mans mother recently died & the wedding photographer didn't get any shots of the couple & the mother at the wedding (not sure yet how I'll show this) and they're feeling a little down. Hes sitting on a park bench when she walks over. Seeing that hes feeling down Wife says to Husband "Your mom always said 'Dont sweat the small stuff'". Man tries to shake it off and enjoy the nice day in the city. He says "Where's the camera?!" He left it on the bench next to him & someone must've taken it. Wife stays positive and says Dont sweat the small stuff, then pretends she's holding a camera & snaps a picture if him.

Quick montage of their day together as they take pretend "Air Photos" of themselves around the city.

Cut to they're back home. Husband says how it stinks that they don't have any pictures from that day together, wife replies they have the memories. The doorbell rings & there's a box. They open it up to find a piece of paper that reads "Dont sweat the small stuff" with photographs of all the Air Pictures they took that day in the city with a strange light in the background of all of them.

Any help to make this more concise so that it's not longer than 3 minutes would be greatly appreciated.

Back