• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Adobe Story

Hi everyone, I just have a few questions.

I just started screenwriting not too long ago, and decided to use Adobe's online software called Story, as it makes all the formatting for you.

My real question: Is Adobe Story actually any good to write in? If not, is there any other software I can use? For free, of course. My films are on a $0 budget basically, and I am completely not in the mood to pay for anything new. :D

CeltX is the go-to free one. There are some addons that have a token payment of a few bux, but you can do pretty much everything you'd need for nothing.

Linkage: www.CeltX.com

Never used Adobe Story. Still on CS4 here. Someone else will have, I'm sure. :)

There are some benefits to using Adobe Story if you'll use Adobe in post production. Other than a brief introduction to the software a while back, that's about as far as my knowledge goes.

I ditched Celtx long ago. Way too bloated. Using Story now, as it's included with my subscription. Before Story, I fell in love with Trelby, a free screenwriter for Linux and Windows. Way better than Celtx ever was :)

Back