• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Vimeo VS Youtube, Thoughts?

Should I switch to Vimeo for my future videos? If it's a professional vid? Like trailers, clips, promos. I would leave the fun stuff on youtube of course. Thoughts?

I use both, but tend to promote the Vimeo link over the Youtube one just because I prefer the cleaner layout. Some people seem to have playback issues with Vimeo on slower machines though so I think it's worth having both. Also the option to run a promoted video campaign on YT can be a good way to build your viewership, since Vimeo doesn't have anything like that you'd have to combine it with google adwords or something which probably wouldn't be as effective.

Way I tend to handle it is to upload to both. If you're linking people who are specifically looking to watch a video link them to the vimeo. Rely on your YouTube channel to push your personal brand, though.

youtube has more cats, so I gotta go with youtube.... though vimeo has cats in black and white with shallow DOF...

Instead of "versus" I'd say, as others have, use the ampersands "&"

Both serve purposes and should be used in combination.

Vimeo tends to have better content, with better quality. It is cleaner, not cluttered with ads, and is easier to navigate. Vimeo has a nicer community, whereas youtube has nice people, but lots of people that use profanity and threats (some of which get top comment :().

But I prefer youtube. Why? Because it is free. To upload HD videos or longer videos, you have to pay money. And, youtube has my favorite channels on it, which Vimeo does not have.

Last edited:
Back