Film Magazines for Reviews?

I get that it's about total number of readers/viewers, but in 2018 I'm not sure that print magazines really have wider circulation than top film review blogs, or at least places like IMDB and RT. I really have no idea what the actual numbers are to be honest, so maybe you're right.

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that in the music industry, online blogs have a wider reach than print magazines. Think about it... where do you even buy magazines nowadays? Bookstores seem to be closing left and right, and I don't even see magazine racks in supermarkets anymore.

Most people get all their info from social media and buzz/word of mouth. I'm not sure sending anywhere for review will help. If you have a good product, put it out there, and blast social media. If it's worthy, it will be shared/written about.

The Independent Critic www.theindependentcritic.com
is still around and a great source of reviews (I've submitted both of my features & multiple shorts). I loved Rogue Cinema too, but they shut down in June of last year.

Good to know. Thank you. After my music composer completes the music in my film when I hand it over in August, I will send out the film for copyrights and magazine reviews before the festival circuit.

Back