Lenses for iPhone 6s

I did search the forums, and couldn't find anything current on these boards.

I'm using my iPhone 6s Plus, and wondered if anyone had any experience or advice about lenses?

I have found plenty of clip-ons, but I'm not sure if they are wasting my money. I'm worried they won't fit or work well enough to even use.

I have been looking at stuff like this:
iphone 6 wide lens
iphone tele lens
iphone 6 combo lens

I could get away without using lenses, but will give me a lot more flexibility with my shots. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Until recently, I had the 6Plus. Great phone. But then I dropped it in the toilet, so now I'm the proud owner of the Galaxy S7. Upgrade!

I've used the kinds of lenses you referenced, not the specific brand, but something very similar. Meh. It's better than nothing. The tele lens definitely magnifies the image, but x2 isn't much of a change, in the greater scheme of things.

The wide lens is kinda pointless, cuz cell phone cameras are already pretty wide, by design. How else is one to take a selfie?

I'm currently working on finding a way to attach SLR lenses to my camera. Bare minimum, I want to be able to attach a zoom lens and something a little bit longer, like maybe 100mm. Lots of people have done this before, it's just a matter of figuring out the logistics of how to do it with my camera. There are even companies that make cases with SLR adapters on them, they just haven't started making them for my camera yet.

I found one for your camera, but that price is ridiculous. If you're interested in doing this, it can be done for WAY less money than this price -- http://www.turnikit.com/

Wow! I didn't even know those existed. They are a little pricey, but compared to the price of the lenses that will only work on my phone it could be a smarter use of my money. It is definitely something I'm going to look into. Thanks, that is good info.

Wow! I didn't even know those existed. They are a little pricey, but compared to the price of the lenses that will only work on my phone it could be a smarter use of my money. It is definitely something I'm going to look into. Thanks, that is good info.

Word. This particular case may end up being the one for you, but don't rush out to purchase it just yet. I'm fairly confident that you can accomplish the same thing for way cheaper.

I'd imagine you could just grab a cheap china-made mount for whatever lens type you have and then 3d print yourself a case for it to screw into?

Another interesting idea I hadn't even thought of yet. I think I'm a bit more confident crafting stories than hardware to hold expensive lenses. I think I would rather just pay the money than take a chance. Murphy's law is in full effect here!

Ooh, 3D-printing, that's a good idea. Dready, are you aware of the fact that your superpower is coming up with good ideas? Put that together with somebody who has no F's to give and some special things might happen. ;)

Haha, thanks dude, that's very flattering. However, I feel like I should warn you that at least half of my ideas are of either the "more trouble than they're worth" or "deceptively expensive" variety.

I hadn't clicked the link until now. Tbh I think for the trouble of learning 3d design software and making and printing a usable adapter for the phone (plus the cost of other parts here and there), $180 is actually a very reasonable price.

I hadn't clicked the link until now. Tbh I think for the trouble of learning 3d design software and making and printing a usable adapter for the phone (plus the cost of other parts here and there), $180 is actually a very reasonable price.

Haha, that was my thoughts as well. I actually found one for a lot less, but worried about quality and how well it will butt up against the iPhone glass. I'm not rushing out to buy anything right now. We are still in the middle of rewrites. As filming gets closer, I will lock down what I want.

Haha, that was my thoughts as well. I actually found one for a lot less, but worried about quality and how well it will butt up against the iPhone glass. I'm not rushing out to buy anything right now. We are still in the middle of rewrites. As filming gets closer, I will lock down what I want.

Yeah, but I just ordered one of these - http://dckina.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1802

I don't know that it's gonna fit my camera cuz it's made for the S6 and I have the S7. Regardless, $170 is ridiculous.

For either of these mounts, the main problem is going to be stability on your rig. The $170 model comes with a tripod mount. The $9 model will require an additional tripod mount (approx $10). Neither one of them is going to properly secure your "camera" to your tripod or whatever rig you're using. When the lens is considerably heavier than the "camera", you need a rig for the lens, not the other way around.

I don't know of any inexpensive commercially-available rigs designed for a cell phone with an SLR lens attached. I have no choice but to jerry-rig something, and should you go down this path, T-Love, so will you. But it can totally be done. I'm probably a month or two away from making mine, I'll keep you posted.

Back