Windows 10

Iv upgraded, not really hit any issues, if you're really cautious and have important projects then wait another 2 months for drivers and other stuff to be patched.

But windows 10 is what 8 should have been its a joy.

So what ya think? Should I upgrade from 7? Will you upgrade from 7 or 8? Or should we be cautious?

It all depends. If you're in the middle of something, like editing or finishing something, you don't want any sudden compatibility issues to spring up.

And in my opinion Windows 7 is just genius. The damn thing just doesn't crash, no matter what I do. I'm holding on to it as long as I can, until they force me to upgrade. Right now they're just asking me to reserve my upgrade. Damn them to hell I say.

Cool, sounds good, film autre. I won't fear it then.

:lol: Trueindie! Yeah, I really like 7 too. But if 10 is solid also and you can get it free... As long as I get to keep my Windows Media Player! Which apparently you can if it's an upgrade. So I hope it's an upgrade.

My system is working perfectly. I have 14 videos in post now.
I'm not upgrading :P

I always wait for the early adapters to find the bugs :P

I'm fine with Windows 8.1. There are bulletins going out to big businesses not to upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to 10 because of software compatibility issues with some application software.

I hope to get Windows 10 on an entirely new device before the year is out.

I'm already hearing complaints about the new Windows 10 interface. I see it just like Windows 8.1. So, if people are lazy and too comfortable in their zone, they won't take the time to learn something new and just cry they want their old Windows 7 back. But, if you take the time to learn it, you will be impressed. The trick to Windows 8.1 on desktops is to learn how to use both mouse buttons around icons. With the tablet version, learn how to scroll around the screens. Both version blow Android devices away.

I like the Mac OS too. Because I took the time to learn it. The reason why we have so much division is because get too comfortable to the point they become lazy from learning something new. I am one of the few people who can as easily work on a Mac system as a PC. I had to learn Unix for my job too. But, there are so few Unix systems out there, I have forgotten most of what I use to know about Unix.

Last edited:
I took the leap and did the upgrade. So far I regret it. I should have held on to 7 as long as I reasonably could.

It's early though. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Last edited:
I don't know how BS it is, but there was a warning floating around from sound devices saying Win10 can corrupt wav files when on an SD card.

Personally I love Windows 10. I had to install some software on Windows 8 in order to get my start menu back.

Had one minor glitch with Windows 10 a few months ago when it first came out but everything has been smooth sailing since.

I put 10 on my laptop (from 7) that I use for note taking and doing Max/MSP work for classes. It has been pretty good -- the fan runs cooler and the computer isn't any slower (can't say it's faster). I'm indifferent towards the new aesthetic and Cortana. It hasn't been a disappointment, though I have yet to see any major benefit to upgrading at the moment.

The start menu is better than 8, however I'm on the fence about it. Sometimes I like the 10 menu better than 7, and sometimes I say a few adult words and wish I was back in 7. Though, it might just be a familiarity thing for the time being, I can usually find what I'm after pretty quickly.

Cortana is useless right now, she doesn't do much; and I'm not feeling up to spending the time integrating my (Mac-based) phone and work computers with the Windows system (through Google, which seems the only solution). Hopefully they'll add some better functionality, but right now she is pretty much a voice-interface for Bing.

TL;DR: No complaints, no complements -- if they hadn't changed the UI I wouldn't have really noticed the difference between 10 and 7. Might as well upgrade while its free?

Back