A good laptop?

Ok, I travel a lot. I would like a reasonably priced laptop that can handle After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and Premiere, but I don't know much about computers. What is a good suggestion?

Greetings,

First of all, Final Cut Pro is only for mac. Premiere Pro 1 (and now 1.5) are only targeted at the windows XP arena so you will have to decide which you want to use.

Other than that I'm afraid i'm not an expert in laptops. A lot of people here suggest various macintosh machines though.

I'll be more specific

oh ok...I like Premiere more than Final Cut. I'm also not going to be doing a lot of professional editing on this. This is just for my own practicing purposes.

Thanks, Shaw, for the knowledge

I have an HP pavilion ZT 1100 series, I upgraded the ram to the max (1GB) and got an external 120GB HD from Fantom Drives and it works great. I got it 2 years ago from Circuit City and run all the Adobe programs. Just get the highest-powered processor you can find, and the computer that can handle the largest amount of ram you can find. Hard drive space isn't essential because you'll probably need an external one anyway if you have more than 10 or 15 minutes of footage.

Seems like you're a PC person, but if you're considering FCP, I would definitely recommend a Powerbook I'm planning on waiting for the Powerbook G5's to come out, some time in 2005, I believe. I currently use a G5 desktop, and it's a beautiful experience with FCP.

xuetang said:
Seems like you're a PC person, but if you're considering FCP, I would definitely recommend a Powerbook I'm planning on waiting for the Powerbook G5's to come out, some time in 2005, I believe. I currently use a G5 desktop, and it's a beautiful experience with FCP.

I agree, I'm a big PC guy but when came to working with video PC just can't match the BUS speed of a mac. Right now I'm using a Dual G5 w/ 1gig of ram and 250gig of Harddirve space and FCP floats with editing video. It is truely bad ass.

Back