Sharing on social media prior to festival run?

Hey everyone,

Have two short films that will be finished in early January and want both to play the festival circuit. Was wondering if I was allowed to post said short films on facebook and Twitter prior to submitting to and playing in festivals.

Assuming it's a no go but wanted to check if that sort of thing is forbidden or not.

Thanks!

AndAction!

Not only would I not do that, I wouldn't use those two platforms. Video always looks horrible on Facebook. And I'm not really a Twitterist, so I don't know too much about that.

I always publish content on YouTube (after festival runs). I know the filmmaking snobs use Vimeo. And I agree it has better quality playback. But it also takes a better machine to fully realize that. And you have to pay for anything over 720p. I hate that.

More importantly, is has fewer eyeballs. There are just more people checking out YouTube. I want the greater chance of people seeing my work rather than just other filmmakers who may happen upon it.

Thanks everyone. I'll check the rules at all the local festivals we submit to prior to posting. And yea I was planning on uploading to youtube at 1080p and then just share that link via facebook and Twitter.

Thanks!

Back