Grants for Film Projects

This may be the wrong forum and I searched for this topic but came up empty handed.

I'm looking for a list, ideas or thoughts on finding grants for short films.

NO FILM SCHOOL had a recent post which was helpful, but curious if anyone knows of others besides the Panavision New Filmmakers grant, and the Davies Foundation.

If genre or type of film is a question, there is info on my Kickstarter where I'm reaching towards our Stretch Goal: http://kck.st/1nD85Wl -- but wanted to appeal to the community to see if there were other resources.

Thanks so much, and for those that are curious, here is the info if that helps.
A psychological thriller I adapted from the short story, THE BRIDGE PARTNER, written by Peter S. Beagle (author of THE LAST UNICORN and screenwriter of the animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS)

A timid housewife who is jolted into a fight for survival when her new partner at a weekly bridge game leans over and whispers, “I will kill you.” This threat ignites a battle against her meek nature and a potentially dangerous psychopath.

It really depending on the granting body. Your best bet is to find out if there is a pattern to what they issue grants on and follow that pattern.

Some are based on content, some favor particular production companies being used. Some prefer to work with certain producers etc. Work out what increases your chances of making it happen.

Back