• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

seeking short films for TV show

We are currently seeking short films for broadcast on a TV show for several markets in Ohio. If you have a movie under 20 minutes that you'd like to see broadcast in Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, and Cincinnati, please submit me your movie. No nudity or any harsh language, please. Any movies with language or nudity selected will be edited with a BEEP or audio drop, as this is for regular broadcast television and must adhere to FCC laws. Any films over 10 minutes will be broken up by commercial breaks, so if you would like to self censor your movies before submission, that would be preferred.

You can download the submission form here:
www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/submissions.pdf

For submissions on tape, please have at least :30 seconds of bars & tone and :10 of black video before your video starts, and at least :20 seconds of black after or in between each short on the same tape.

FORMATS WE ACCEPT:
Mini DV, DVCAM, HDV 720, or HDV 1080
or
data files on a jumpdrive or DVD-R/CD-R:
Quicktime (H.264 for HD, no PRO-RES files, please)
Microsoft DV AVI
M2T format HD files
MP4

Fill that out and mail your submissions to:

Ross @ PPM
520 Enterprise Drive,
Suite C
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035

There is no pay for broadcast, but it is exposure for yourself and your movies. Get your movies seen by new audiences and in several cities.

Thanks.

Last edited:
And another promo video for this show that will start airing this fall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTziq0hdBb0

No one is interested in getting their old short film seen on TV?

Hold off until your bigger festivals have either accepted or rejected your movie. The big ones will disqualify your movie if it plays on TV.

How about my old (1980's) shot on film shorts? A
couple of them award winners and one of them
shown on TV (Night Flights and others) years ago.

Would Adam Funn qualify? It's 25 minutes in length and there's no swearing.

Are commercial breaks automatically inserted or is that something we'd have to prep for in the video itself?

Yes. This show is taking a lower priority over the "Making Of" show called FRAMELINES, but there is still an interest in a short film show, so we're going to produce more episodes soon.

I'm starting a documentary on Tourettes shortly and it will be finished within a month or so, i would submit that, but i'm pretty sure this would go against your rule of no swearing. Would there be an exception made given the obvious content of the documentary?

I'm starting a documentary on Tourettes shortly and it will be finished within a month or so, i would submit that, but i'm pretty sure this would go against your rule of no swearing. Would there be an exception made given the obvious content of the documentary?

I don't think the FCC is known for making exceptions to rules... ask Janet Jackson.

Fair enough, well I can always just send it to you and you can see what you think, won't be done for a couple of months anyway at the moment, I'll keep this in mind though for if I do any other stuff :)

The censorship is strict in free public broadcasts, though standards have loosened significantly. Movies and venues on pay-per-view broadcasts (cable and satellite) typically are not regulated by the FCC so have few restrictions on language. Though some cable networks self-regulate.

Given this is a documentary aimed at a public health audience, you will probably consider to self-censoring. The use of words to describe sexual and execretory acts and genitalia typically fall under FCC scrutiny. However some words have now become commonplace and no longer draw attention: shit, tits, crap, piss, asshole, bitch, penis, and vagina. Even 'fuck' has appeared in unedited segments of certain documentaries with warnings to the audience, but it is still not considered acceptable for normal broadcast hours when children are considered awake (6 AM - 10 PM).

So to play it safe, f**k and derivatives, c**t, and other vulgar sexual expressions probably should be bleeped. You should also provide a warning to the viewers that the utterances may be offensive to some viewers and inappropriate for younger audiences. If this will be on a cable network, you will have fewer problems. If it is for public broadcast--which tends to include basic cable packages--just realize censorship may be requested, if not required.

For a quick read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

Last edited:
The censorship is strict in free public broadcasts, though standards have loosened significantly. Movies and venues on pay-per-view broadcasts (cable and satellite) typically are not regulated by the FCC so have few restrictions on language. Though some cable networks self-regulate.

Given this is a documentary aimed at a public health audience, you will probably consider to self-censoring. The use of words to describe sexual and execretory acts and genitalia typically fall under FCC scrutiny. However some words have now become commonplace and no longer draw attention: shit, tits, crap, piss, asshole, bitch, penis, and vagina. Even 'fuck' has appeared in unedited segments of certain documentaries with warnings to the audience, but it is still not considered acceptable for normal broadcast hours when children are considered awake (6 AM - 10 PM).

So to play it safe, f**k and derivatives, c**t, and other vulgar sexual expressions probably should be bleeped. You should also provide a warning to the viewers that the utterances may be offensive to some viewers and inappropriate for younger audiences. If this will be on a cable network, you will have fewer problems. If it is for public broadcast--which tends to include basic cable packages--just realize censorship may be requested, if not required.

For a quick read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

Thanks for the heads up, i have considered censoring it when it is finished, but there is a strong part of me that feels that he shouldn't be censored for something that is not his fault. It's something that i believe quite strongly in, i think the route i would go down is that i might cut all the offensive stuff such as the things you said about, only keeping in the acceptable stuff. If it does get a bit "heavy" during a vital part though, i don't think i'm going to bleep it or cut it.

Thank you though

Back