announcement All members can upload avatars

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
All membership levels can upload avatars now.

Some more features will be added in the coming weeks also, for free and paying members.

Thank you! It sounds like there's been a lot of changes recently on these forums, to give the Basic more access to things, while keeping the extra things for the premiere membership.

I'm new to the boards and already seriously contemplating premiere :)

Pfft! I remember back in the day, to get an avatar you had to:

1) Average at least 3 posts a day, for 6 months. *

2) Each post had to contain at least two verifiable citations... and no, Wikipedia didn't count! **

3) The forums were only up from 3am to 5am each day. Two hours! ... in Innuit-time. ***

Kids, these days. They don't know how easy they got it.
smiley_colbert.gif

* Well... maybe this is not true.
** I need a source for this...
*** Two hours of Innuit-time is about 24 hours.

You wanna trade scars, do you?
See this one? Sharks, they got doll eyes, and ... wait, that's the scene from JAWS.

Okay, I joined about two days ago, and I thought:
IndieTalk looks like this really cool community of filmmakers, and they'll be such a resource for information and inspiration! It's filmmaker heaven!

I found a place to BELONG! But I noticed my avatar wouldn't work.

And then a Mod says "Oh, okay: we removed the spam blocker, now it should work. Sorry, dude ... We thought you were SPAM.":weird:

ouch.

But I tell ya ... I was like spam in filmmaker heaven! :cool: I was okay ... It's like, I dunno, having Steve Spielberg beat you to a cab, or something.
"That's my cab, loser!"
"And I'll cherish you stealing it from me forever, Sir!"

But it's still nice to have an avatar!

You wanna trade scars, do you?
See this one? Sharks, they got doll eyes, and ... wait, that's the scene from JAWS.

Okay, I joined about two days ago, and I thought:
IndieTalk looks like this really cool community of filmmakers, and they'll be such a resource for information and inspiration! It's filmmaker heaven!

I found a place to BELONG! But I noticed my avatar wouldn't work.

And then a Mod says "Oh, okay: we removed the spam blocker, now it should work. Sorry, dude ... We thought you were SPAM.":weird:

ouch.

But I tell ya ... I was like spam in filmmaker heaven! :cool: I was okay ... It's like, I dunno, having Steve Spielberg beat you to a cab, or something.
"That's my cab, loser!"
"And I'll cherish you stealing it from me forever, Sir!"

But it's still nice to have an avatar!

You gave a good chuckle on that.:lol:

Yeah, the avatar gives some personality, happy they let us have it(the avatar, not "it"):D

Back