PAL video?

Hello all!

Im new to cameras and I think I may have made a mistack with a camera I just purchased from ebay. ooops!

Ive looked into now the different formats for PAL and NTSC and also just relized that Im in a NTSC county.

Am I screwed now for this? or can I still use this cammera?

here is a link to the camera I won on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=21165&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT&rd=1

I should have in by the end of the week..should I sell it now?

thanks in advance

Pete
www.kre8tiveats.com

If you shoot PAL, you will have to convert everything to NTSC for North American film festivals, distribution, etc, and standards conversions are not cheap. You should get NTSC.

It’s not an entire loss. First, that’s a good camera, and PAL has a higher resolution than NTSC. However, PAL records at slower frame rate then NTSC (based on the power system in Europe). The good news is that computers can play either format. Adobe Premiere will allow you to edit in either format, and supposedly it will allow you to export into either format, but I have never tried to do it. But just keep in mind you won’t be able to export to tape unless you have an NTSC deck. Another thing you may want to try is to contact the manufacturer to see if they can change it from PAL to NTSC. Since it’s a used unit you should send it in for normal maintenance anyway, and they may be able to just change a chip or something so that it records NTSC. It’s basically the same camera for both formats, the data and recording rates and recording speeds are different, that’s all. Good Luck!

Back