Taking the next step

Hello guys.

I have a Canon HF S20 to shoot my stuff, it's the only one i have and i like it. But now i would like to take the next step and buy something that give a better look to the things i shoot, including some short films in the future.

There is too much offer and too much products that i dont know which one i should choose. I've read about Blackmagic Pocket and even though i understand a little of color grading, i think it's too much for what i really need, at least for now and i dont have the experience to handle it.

I guess it's pretty consensual that GH3 it's one of the best stuff ou there to do it? When comparing price/quality, is it really the best?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply WhiteOpus.

That's good but 6D is at least $700 more (body only) than 70D. Anyways, i dont want to buy 70D because of focusing issues that it seems to have

I upgraded from the exact same camcorder you listed here (which works well, surprisingly) to a Canon 550D (t2i) and I haven't regretted a second of it. VERY good price for the quality you'll see. Plus you can usually sell the DSLRs for relatively good money once you decide to upgrade.

You can buy a 550d used for $300 or less which is pretty awesome for the quality you get. I was looking at buying that camera before but I wanted something with a better bitrate.

Back