• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

PRODUCER CREDIT

0.o.... a big shot. Places hands together.... very interesting.... maybe... ok, thought about it... pass... I wish you luck.

We all win this way. You get the luck you needed, I get to keep my cash!

My personal opinion is some of the rewards are actually pretty damn good.

My partner would jump at the opportunity to get a photo of her with Grumpy Cat. The OP's Kickstater offers that for $100. L.A. only.

With so few days left and the funding only around 10%, looks like they will not get the funding. There's a lot of competition for the $$$ out there and marketing is key.

LOL! I know some of the posters on this site can be douchebags, but damn...this is one funny thread.

Your girlfriend asks if the dress makes her look fat, well in fact it does make her look fat cause the dress is a little big for her and not too close of a fit.

Be honest? Tell her the dress makes her look fat so she can try something else on?

Well that's what they're doing for this OP. Does it really make them douchebags for being honest?

I posted a similar ad on this message board for an EP credit about a month ago and received lots of hate :) I started regretting it.. until someone actually did contact me about it.

I will say though, the doomed kickstarter and admittance of not being an experienced filmmaker doesn't give potential investors very much confidence.

Another drive-by request for money.

I wonder if if this “producer” credit is actually an incentive to
anyone. Clearly not one for us filmmakers. A producer credit
for doing nothing doesn't help a career. A producer credit along
a dozen (or more) others doesn't help a career. Perhaps someone
who isn't pursuing a career making movies might find it kind
of fun to have their name on a movie.

I posted a similar ad on this message board for an EP credit about a month ago and received lots of hate :)
You call it "lots of hate" - I call it honest opinion. It's too bad you
never told us about your experience. You got your $1,000 donation
and Executive Producer but only deleted your posts. I know everyone
would have liked to hear about the person who donated the money.

You call it "lots of hate" - I call it honest opinion. It's too bad you
never told us about your experience. You got your $1,000 donation
and Executive Producer but only deleted your posts. I know everyone
would have liked to hear about the person who donated the money.

I meant "hate" as in "tough love." I deleted the posts because a weird turn of event took place shortly after..

One of my actors wanted the EP credit and was willing to put in enough money. Then later I got the Email from the other guy wanting to give the $1,000. Since I'd rather work with someone I know over a stranger I told him I would get back to him if my other deal fell through. He was very understanding and told me to let him know.

I did a google search on his email and he wasn't necessarily a filmmaker per se, but him and his friends had some dancing videos that they were making. Maybe he's just looking to break into film.

The campaign title should have been Get Your Picture Taken With Grumpy Cat, or even better, trash the Ponytail movie and make a campaign titled "Grumpy Cat: The Movie", I assure you that you would get plenty of cash from that. Anything with a large dedicated internet following that is big enough to get on the news is able to get funded. Maybe you should consider that for your next Kickstarter.

My point: Producer and EP are different things. Saying "chance to be a big shot" IMO is just another way to attempt to scam money. There's a difference between delivering value and trying to BS someone into giving you a chunk of change.

Back