Why Are Hot Dogs The Must Eat Junk Food?

Another movie with Hot Dogs is Walt Disney's Underdog movie. They showed the annual Hot Dog eating contest in Coney Island and Underdog swoops down from the sky and woofs down a big stack of hot dogs before anyone else can take a bite and burps to get everyone's attention that he won. It was histerical.

Never heard of Papaya World. There's Papaya King, Mike's Papaya, and Gray's Papaya. The first was Papaya King, named for the papaya drink they serve. And they all serve papaya drinks and hot dogs.

Gray's Papaya is the best. But, now they sell $1 slice of pizza to keep up with the changing times. In one of my scripts I wrote a scene around Gray's Recession Special 2 Hot Dogs and a 14 oz soda for $1.99. It's now $4.50.

I took these a few weeks ago when we were at Asbury Park. I'm guessing this is the original Wind Mill in Long Branch.
551972_448474881844915_100000472201882_1673079_1039902213_n.jpg

578550_448474978511572_100000472201882_1673082_1839852169_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually in Chicago, right now. As per Dready's instructions, I simply asked for a hot dog, "with everything". For some reason, they insisted that I specify "Chicago style".

I had a feeling the airport food-court wouldn't be the most authentic experience. ;)

For me it's smoked cheddar cheese, Italian dry Salami, and pita chips and wash it down w/ a bottle of Red Zinfandel. Junk food heaven

No place for that foo foo in a hot dog thread :lol:

That would be Jacks BBQ

I love that place. Next to Lexington BBQ in NC, Jacks is my favorite. Is Jacks the best in Nashville?

The next time we come, where's the "best" place to have a great Nashville meal? Something that's distinctly Nashville. It doesn't have to be BBQ, just something you'll only get in Nashville.

I'm actually in Chicago, right now. As per Dready's instructions, I simply asked for a hot dog, "with everything". For some reason, they insisted that I specify "Chicago style".

I had a feeling the airport food-court wouldn't be the most authentic experience. ;)

Haha, aww. That's cute. How was it?

Ha! When I first moved to Pittsburgh, I got an overnight shift at the local landmark hot dog place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essie's_Original_Hot_Dog_shop (wiki link because they don't seem to have an actual website). People would ask for hot dogs with everything. You would then have to ask item by item, because "everything" often didn't mean chili, peppers, relish or any number of condiments. Everyone has a different idea of "everything" but they expect you to know (though to be fair, most of the business happened after the bars closed, and tormenting the people working at the O was sort of a hobby, I discovered). Still a fun place to go to get a TON of fries, hot cheese and a cheap 40!

And while we're talking about hot doggeries, if any of you find yourself in Liverpool, NY, I'm sorry. But stop at Heid's: http://heidsofliverpool.com/ Can't vouch for their hot dogs but their Ginger Beer is astounding...absolutely the SPICIEST ginger beer I've ever had. Good stuff!

Back