Anyone GTA?

Lounge looked like it could use a random thread lol... And I have a LOT of free time in the coming days (for the next month really, aside from a few days I'm required on sets for a commercial and a short)...

Anyways! Anyone play Grand Theft Auto Online? Perhaps with PS3? Perhaps they wanna play some heists? Skype to communicate actions? Perhaps talk film as we drive? Whateves

Might be showing my age here but which GTA are we up to now? Last one I played was Vice City when it came out.

I'm not a candidate for your post but you sent me down memory lane and I became curious.

We are currently on GTA V haha... and there have been a few unnumbered releases since Vice City... such as San Andreas (which I believe was the milestone of GTA), Ballard of Gay Tony, Chinatown Wars, etc...

Fun part about GTA V is that it came with an online version of GTA that they update every few months with new content called Grand Theft Auto Online. Up to 16 players in a session at one time. Plenty of missions and stuff to do together. Car customization is pretty fun.

I googled the GTA V map after my last post. Pretty massive. It's funny, I still remember all the streets of Vice City but we only had a few main ones. V map seems too massive to retain unless u devote way 2 many hrs to the game.

Anyway, have fun and it would be a cool game connecting and playing with ppl from IT.

Vice City was the best for storyline...San Andreas was better graphically, and sure you now had jets etc, but it also lost some of the magic that Vice City had...the rest...played them a few times in passing...meh...bit boring...maybe it's my age.

Never got into the gta series. Assassins creed was fun for a while but never had anyone to organize with in the online mode.

So it got old playing with randoms that didn't use any teamwork

Vice City was the best for storyline...San Andreas was better graphically, and sure you now had jets etc, but it also lost some of the magic that Vice City had...the rest...played them a few times in passing...meh...bit boring...maybe it's my age.

It wasn't the jets or graphics that made San Andreas so good to me. I grew up with GTA III and then got Vice City, which I loved don't get me wrong. The missions were fun, the characters had depth, it was a great game. But San Andreas introduced everything that the GTA series needed. A large number of properties to buy, all with garages that would store the countless amount of customized cars you'll create. The properties you could buy were better, like that car dealership? Epic. Plus the game had a good twist that all the others missed. Big Smoke? Ugh I was so glad to get to his mission, it felt like the sweetest revenge ever.

Never got into the gta series. Assassins creed was fun for a while but never had anyone to organize with in the online mode.

So it got old playing with randoms that didn't use any teamwork

I LOVE the Assassin's Creed multiplayer modes! I think AC is the most innovative game series to come out in like the past 10 years haha. However I fell to the same problem as you, no adequate teammates to coordinate with competitively. My favorite mode was the 4 versus 4 mode in the palace, so much room for competitive teams.

I play GTA Online on xbox 360 a lot with my brother.

I love that game, it never gets old.

I eventually wanna make a video showcasing the photos I've taken across the course of my gameplay. I've taken some really funny pictures, and a few artsy ones

It wasn't the jets or graphics that made San Andreas so good to me. I grew up with GTA III and then got Vice City, which I loved don't get me wrong. The missions were fun, the characters had depth, it was a great game. But San Andreas introduced everything that the GTA series needed. A large number of properties to buy, all with garages that would store the countless amount of customized cars you'll create. The properties you could buy were better, like that car dealership? Epic. Plus the game had a good twist that all the others missed. Big Smoke? Ugh I was so glad to get to his mission, it felt like the sweetest revenge ever.

I LOVE the Assassin's Creed multiplayer modes! I think AC is the most innovative game series to come out in like the past 10 years haha. However I fell to the same problem as you, no adequate teammates to coordinate with competitively. My favorite mode was the 4 versus 4 mode in the palace, so much room for competitive teams.

Oh come on now, Vice City had the taxi? or ice cream truck? business you could buy, and the mansion that was I think modelled on scarface. You had helicopters and trendy old school tunes...sure San Andreas had so much more of all of that, and yes parachuting in to take a house load of people out with the silenced pistol is always going to be nothing less than complete fun, and the map was WAY bigger etc etc etc, but Vice City had a feeling to it that San Andreas missed...I think I did also play number 1 and 2...also fun but it was 3 being vice city that made the genre...San Andreas polished it...the rest after that I didn't enjoy. They became too much about all the stuff you could do and lost the magic.

I think they're all great.

But GTA Online though.... THAT's what I've been waiting for since childhood. They failed to do it right with GTA 4 but now it's just so damn perfect. And there's never nothing to do.

Back