Question about shooting in NY or in crowds

I had an idea to shoot in NY with a 3-person crew and a two actor story. I'd written a feature-length script that called for some shots in the New York Comic Con, which isn't hard since A) I have several friends that have booths there each year, and I've seen other people wandering with cameras. The scenes aren't talky, literally just coverage with the two actors-one an exhibitor (we'd be using one of my friend's booths) and the other and attendee-in among the crowd, or signing things for 'fans' (other friends).

My main question is, if I keep logos out of the shots (not filming directly at other booths) and kept tight focus on the actors, would I need to run around getting waivers of the crowd? Or would I be able to get away with it, like people who shoot on live NY streets?

When people shoot in NY do they need to chase down every 'extra' who walks into the shot (not an organized crowd scene)?

I'm not a lawyer, disclaimer, blah blah blah...

Anyway, I think you can get away with it. Keep that focus as shallow as you can. Maybe even frame shots so that regular people walking behind the shot might be in it, but not their faces! Maybe you might be a good idea to get releases from people who are working booths directly next to and across yours, only since their faces might end up unavoidable. But for people just walking by? Just get a whole bunch of coverage, and be creative with your shooting.

Audio is gonna be a bitch. I would think lavs would help.

Back