New here - short film help

Hello, I've just been recommended here off another forum I go on.

Long story short, I want to make a short film based on a tube train.

I have the script and one actress (I need four in total) and nothing else, including money.

I know I need a lot and am reasonably confident of my ability to get most of it for free or very cheap.

Where do I start?

Cheers.

Long story short, I want to make a short film based on a tube train.

I have the script and one actress (I need four in total) and nothing else, including money.
A) Where will the completed short film be shown, or hope to show it?

B) How long is "short", minutes-wise?

First, follow the two links at the end of this link: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=318736#post318736

Take to heart the part about "You ain't gonna tech your way out of a cr@ppy story."
Honest injun. :yes:

Mostly this means don't get all twitterpated over getting the perfect camera and acounterments.
Anything that shoots 720 or 1080 resolution will be fine, and at whatever frame rate strikes your fancy. I believe 24 & 50 are what u guys over there use most often.
Six of one, half dozen of the other. Whichever.
Short sweet: don't sweat the tech.

Second, the good news is that since you're directing this yourself you can pretty much write your screenplay any way you darn well please.

Third, be prepared to make several test shorts before blowing your creative wad on this project.
Get a camera, or cell phone, figure out a basic NLE (google it. I'm not going to spoonfeed you too much) and patch together a short or two or four.

Fourth, seriously plan on writing a story for the resources you DO HAVE instead of a story for sh!t you just make up.
No 8minute shorts of "a circus rides the train... " or "5 samurai warrior princesses take the tube to... " or "Fembots vs. Alien Lesbian Vixens ina laser battle aboard a shuttle... "
Don't do that.
It costs a sh!tload of money and does NOT guarantee you a festival submission which will most likely be rejected due to cr@ppy audio collection+processing.

Drama on a train will be fine.
Drama with shape shifting robots and gun blasts and CGI giant octopus tentacles just isn't worth the hassle.

Think more Nora Ephron, less Michael Bay.

Back