A question about Twitter usage.

Here's a silly question:

I've started simple blog so I can keep a production diary, as well as post articles that I've written; aimed at the indie filmmaker.

I frequent quite a number of filmmaking & VFX forums, and rather than announcing updates in each forum, is it appropriate to make a post once; asking interested parties to follow my (new) Twitter account for announcements and notes regarding new articles I've posted on my blog?

Sorry, I know this thread must seem incredibly naive, but I don't want to do something that either violates forum rules, or is seen as poor form.

Thomas

Ettiquette's gonna vary from forum to forum. There's no universal right or wrong.

But yeah, it's common to have a single thread of your own to "bump" up, each time you have an update about your stuff.

Promotions sub-forum is prolly the best place here, for that. Or you could use the forums built-in blog functions, as well. Not sure if you need a prem-account for that, though.

I don't tweet, and you're someone who I'd like to keep up with, so for whatever it's worth, I hope you at least occasionally add an update here. :)

Back