A Higher Power

Have you ever thought you're being guided by a higher power? Not a religious God. But, something that tells you what's right and wrong. What you should and shouldn't do.

I've never given up on anything. I've plowed through so much crap to achieve the end result that this movie should have been a breeze. But this movie has had so many road blocks it's like something is telling me to just stop.

The first two lead actresses I fired (well documented on this board). The next one decided to stop coming to shoot. She's canceled 6 days already. The second lead left the country for months. The lead actor is pissed because the lead actress won't show up. Now, she's ready to shoot, the other actress is ready to shoot and the DP is out till June. By the time he returns the one actress will be gone because she only has a three month visa, and we're into month two now.

I can't replace any of the actors because a lot has been shot already. There's only one way out of this mess, and I hate to do it. But, something tells me if I do it, something else will happen to throw a wrench into the works. This script was written that it should have been a breeze to shoot. It's been the worse nightmare of my life. I literally foresee it getting worse. I wish the footage didn't play so well. Then I wouldn't care about pulling the plug.

Different DP and do the shoot while the actress is in country, the work VISA is a locked thing and the schedule is beholden to that. The DP can step up or step back and let the production happen. Productions are always more than the sum of their parts... it gets a life of its own. like a cartoon snowball rolling down a mountain.

In larger productions, these things are covered by insurance... I'll assume yours isn't and the production money is all coming our of your pocket... so ultimately, it's your call.

Back