Completing a Business Plan

I have completed by Screenplay for my first Independent Feature Film, which I will also direct. I have been able to tie some potential Cast to the Project. I need to put together the Business PLan. I can complete majority of the Plan, but I have ran into Problems with trying to discuss potential Sales Forecast. Who can I bring in too help with this

thanks

Sales Reps.

Though, you're going about it a little oddly. You've made attachments before the business plan? Do you think that is a good idea?

Thanks for the reply. I have attached, two very small roles to the Project. Reason being, the 2 guys I have attached, are 'Internet Personalities'#, and can bring a lot of attention to the Project when it is being released. Their roles don't take anything away from the Story, and fit in nicely.

I've read up on Business Plans etc. One article I read, said it can be beneficially to attach Actor / Actresses to some of the main roles, is this bad information?

the 2 guys I have attached, are 'Internet Personalities'#, and can bring a lot of attention to the Project when it is being released. Their roles don't take anything away from the Story, and fit in nicely.

See below.

I've read up on Business Plans etc. One article I read, said it can be beneficially to attach Actor / Actresses to some of the main roles, is this bad information?

It can be good, it can be bad. It can really depend on your film, the appropriate target market, what regions your genre does well, whether those attachments will scare your target audience away, attract your audience, or even worse, make your audience not care. It'll also depend on your budget level and what your goals for your film are. If you're just trying to get runs on the board and don't care whether your final film is marketable or able to attract finance then your attachments may not matter. The right attachments are great, the bad attachments are the kiss of death for a project, especially if you're looking at either financing for your film or distribution for your film.

Those mid level roles is where you can bolster appeal in specific international regions that are likely to purchase your film, perhaps even allow their arms to be twisted for pre-sales. Casting the wrong person in the wrong role could cost you 7 figures if you find yourself with a run-away success.

That all being said, I'm going to guess that this is your first rodeo, so not everyone is going to be able to afford or even get all the right people.

A great casting director can help guide you.

See below.

It can be good, it can be bad. It can really depend on your film, the appropriate target market, what regions your genre does well, whether those attachments will scare your target audience away, attract your audience, or even worse, make your audience not care. It'll also depend on your budget level and what your goals for your film are. If you're just trying to get runs on the board and don't care whether your final film is marketable or able to attract finance then your attachments may not matter. The right attachments are great, the bad attachments are the kiss of death for a project, especially if you're looking at either financing for your film or distribution for your film.

Those mid level roles is where you can bolster appeal in specific international regions that are likely to purchase your film, perhaps even allow their arms to be twisted for pre-sales. Casting the wrong person in the wrong role could cost you 7 figures if you find yourself with a run-away success.

That all being said, I'm going to guess that this is your first rodeo, so not everyone is going to be able to afford or even get all the right people.

A great casting director can help guide you.

haha yes its my first rodeo...like that saying....spoke with a Sales and Marketing Company yesterday who want to set up a meeting in the next few weeks, so hoping this will open some doors.....Great advice again Sweetie

I don't think a sales and marketing company is the same as a sales agent. Don't quote me on that, but they're likely to want you to pony up a bunch of cash to advertise. Sales agents usually don't do any of what most of us would call marketing.

I don't think a sales and marketing company is the same as a sales agent. Don't quote me on that, but they're likely to want you to pony up a bunch of cash to advertise. Sales agents usually don't do any of what most of us would call marketing.

understand that...think it may be different in the UK, although don't quote me on that either...the company recently acted as Sales Agent for a local film, so was recommended by a friend involved in the film industry

Back