• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How to write an action scene?

Ok, I posted earlier asking what people thought about barbarian/roman fighting and action movies and I guess people still enjoy them. So, I have begun writing but now that I think about it how would i write a sword fight sequence cause in the next few days a fight scene takes place and i dont know how to write it. I mean do I have to say "he swings left, he swings right, he jumps. he ducks, he dies?" I mean i dont think it works like that does it?

Oftentimes there will be a simple "this is the fight scene" in the actual script. Then a stunt choreagrapher is hired to choreograph the fight move by move. I know that for example the fights on matrix were choreographed by a chinese (i belive) stunt team. They filmed the moves they did themselfes with a small videocam and showed it to the brothers. They would then go ahead and make any changes necessary.
Then there're other scenes where the writer will exacly write what's going to happen on screen. However writing it in a way that's understandable for everyone is very hard. Storyboards can also be handy when planing a fight scene.

Thx thats all I need I cant belief i didnt thin k of hat earlier. WOW! I always read before I write i cant belief it I guess its been a while. Dam. Thats about all I need thx alot.

Back