Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Business/Legal

Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #46
davidevans10
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCopeland View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by money start up.... but if you mean your project raises through the pages by people pledging in a short amount of time, yes, with no social presence it's more likely to happen on Kickstarter than any other crowdfunding site.

But the quality of your content determines if those randoms actually back or not. If it looks bad, they still won't give you money. They don't know you. If it looks good, they might take the chance. But with no social presence you're pretty limited to having to do a really good KS page.

You know there are companies that will run the Kickstarter for you, right? They'll market it and everything.
Cool yes exactly what I'm lookin to do.

I have been talking to a pr person. What are these companies? Starting fee cost?

Thanks man
davidevans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 10-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #47
WalterB
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidevans10 View Post

A page with a real trailer and worthwhile relevant plot and reasons is worth more than socially begging . As far as im concerned.
Using social media isn't socially begging: it is showing the people who are interested that you are crowdfunding.
Otherwise they might never see the real trailer and relevant plot and reasons.

It is called crowdfunding, because you don't ask one party for a large sum of money, but because you try to gather it from numerous people. That means those people need to know about it.
How are you going to make sure people know they can help you with your great movie?
Not telling anyone and wait is like a message in a bottle thrown in the ocean hoping to get a reply within 30 days... Posting it on the mail with the right address really increases your odds of delivering the message and getting a response.
Otherwise you'll be depending on pure chance...
WalterB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #48
davidevans10
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterB View Post
Using social media isn't socially begging: it is showing the people who are interested that you are crowdfunding.
Otherwise they might never see the real trailer and relevant plot and reasons.

It is called crowdfunding, because you don't ask one party for a large sum of money, but because you try to gather it from numerous people. That means those people need to know about it.
How are you going to make sure people know they can help you with your great movie?
Not telling anyone and wait is like a message in a bottle thrown in the ocean hoping to get a reply within 30 days... Posting it on the mail with the right address really increases your odds of delivering the message and getting a response.
Otherwise you'll be depending on pure chance...
yes i understand . i do have a few chances to word to spread. but social media and doing what everyone else does isnt for me. And i consider it stupid
davidevans10 is offline   Reply With Quote