• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest 2006

<<< CALL FOR ENTRIES >>>

Maia Entertainment presents...

The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest

...coming April 22nd 2006 hosted by The Abbey
Pub (3420 W. Grace Chicago, Il 60618).

We are going into our third year with this one night
only event. The Chicago “Really” Short Film Fest
was conceived as a way to get those “really” short
films (15 minutes and under) out to the public in
an open and entertaining atmosphere.

This year we are featuring live music by Beatallica!

Last year we showcased films from three indietalk
members (Cootdog, Poke, and Sonnyboo) and we
wanted to extend the welcome to all indietalk members
once again.

If you're an indietalk member we are giving you a little
discount on the submission fee. Our submission fee is
only $15 but for indietalk members it will be $10.

If you want to submit your short film to the fest you
can do so now. Our deadline is April 2nd.

All submission information can be found on our website.

http://www.maia-entertainment.com/

Thanks and we hope to see you in Chicago on April 22nd,
Rick Ramirez

I entered and was accepted last year. So did some other IT members. I wasn't able to attend, but I hear a good time was had by all.

Poke

I love the concept, and Chi-town is only 6 hours or so away from me. If I get in, I will do everything I can to be there. It's in my PR budget to go to one festival a month this year.

"Scarred for Life" was an official selection in last year's festival. I was even just recently interviewed for the film. It was podcast, episode 8

...I think I would like to attend this.... anybody got any impressions of the event? I like to find out from people who have gone, what they think of this fest. It seems to be interesting and I think this will be a good weekend for me...

-- spinner :cool:

I was unable to attend last year but have met Rick personally. He is a really cool person and said that it was a great time last year.

Let's get as many IndieTalkers there and we can all wear IndieTalk t-shirts or hats or something (hint, hint)

spinner said:
...I think I would like to attend this.... anybody got any impressions of the event? I like to find out from people who have gone, what they think of this fest. It seems to be interesting and I think this will be a good weekend for me...

Spinner,

I run the show and while I can't completely promise that you personally will have a good time I can promise you that I'm going to bust my ass and try and put on a good show. Ideally I'd like the show to speak for itself but since you're asking I do think it's a fun night.

We screen films from all types of genres and we try to mix it up so that you're getting a little bit of everything. Of course that is largely based on the type films that we recieve. I mean if we got all comedies I guess that's what we would be screening for the night. If you go to our website you can see the variety of films that we have screened in our past two shows...2004 and 2005.

We also try and break the night up with some live entertainment. In 2004 we had three bands play live. In 2005 we had two bands and mixed it up with a sketch comedy duo that brought the house down 30 minutes into the show, they were really funny. This year as I mentioned we have Beatallica playing live. As you can take from the name they play a mash up of Beatles and Metallica. We may have another live act for that night that I can't really talk about yet because we're still in negotiations with them but if they come onboard it will make the night even more interesting.

Finally for the filmmakers I try and get you as much exposure as I can from our little film fest. In the past we've had a partnership with Image Union who is on hand to chose a few films to run on their program, and Erik Childress who posts his reviews of all the films screened at the fest on efilmcritic.com. Some of the films from the fest also get featured on our podcast, The Filmmaker Commentary Series. We featured Cootdog's film Scarred For Life over the Thanksgiving Holiday, FCS Episode 8.

I'm sorry this is long winded Spinner and everyone else who might be reading this, but I suck at one liners. As the shows creator I'm just trying to be fair to what we are trying to do. It's a little film fest nothing more nothing less. My goal and the goal of the people who help me out is that we put on a good show, a fun show, and that hopefully you'll see some great little films along with some live performances that you may not get to see elsewhere.

If you have any questions about the fest please contact me I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Rick

Rick said:
Spinner,

I run the show and while I can't completely promise that you personally will have a good time I can promise you that I'm going to bust my ass and try and put on a good show. Ideally I'd like the show to speak for itself but since you're asking I do think it's a fun night. Rick

...what do you MEAN you can't personally promise me a good time??? I want GUARANTEES!!!

Don't apologize for being long winded, (I could beat you there :) ) This was exactly what I was looking for in an opinion of the fest. Nothing wrong with a small fest. It will be more intimate and we may get to know each other alittle. Sounds fun!

...Hey! is this fest ONLY the 22nd of April? Or is it the whole weekend?

I was thinking it was the weekend....:huh:

Spinner,

It's one night only.

Rick said:
The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest

...coming April 22nd 2006 hosted by The Abbey
Pub (3420 W. Grace Chicago, Il 60618).

We are going into our third year with this one night
only event.

Rick

...one more thing....

initially I hadn't intended to enter anything into the fest, just attend, however, I may have something to enter. Is the April 2 deadline a post mark or you have to have it in hand? April 2 is a Sunday.....

Well, without getting myself into too much trouble I would need it a least postmarked by that day. If any indietalk members need an extra day or two that's cool with me but please let me know. Beyond that I can't guarantee that we'll get a chance to look at your film.

I want to get all the films to our selection commitee by April 9th so we can let all the filmmakers know who's films got chosen and start promoting those films on our site as well as on paper, radio, email wherever we can spread the word...the sooner the better.

Oh by the way, we added The Devil Dolls to the show. They are doing a "Grotesque Burlesque side show revue" should be interesting. Beatallica helped promoted the show on the Loop (Big Chicago radio station) last week so we're starting to get the word out.

For anyone that's submitting I hope your film is chosen for the show. Good Luck.

Rick

Back