• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Just finished my director reel. Thoughts?

Very clean and succinct. Could have used some more varied shots, but perhaps that was the look you were going for. Looks like you do great work.

A lot of those shots are kinda noisy in the shadows, but overall, it looks rather nice. But I don't see how this works as a director show reel. Maybe I don't understand, because I'm looking in from the outside? I don't work in the industry, I'm a bartender. Anyway, when I watch this reel, I have no way of knowing that the director did a good job. For that, I'd need to just watch some of his/her work.

A lot of those shots are kinda noisy in the shadows, but overall, it looks rather nice. But I don't see how this works as a director show reel. Maybe I don't understand, because I'm looking in from the outside? I don't work in the industry, I'm a bartender. Anyway, when I watch this reel, I have no way of knowing that the director did a good job. For that, I'd need to just watch some of his/her work.

Well. I suppose the reel works as a first selection method. Does it make you interested enough to really go watch some of the work and see if someone is really a good director?
I guess it's not so much about making a good reel as it is about not making a bad reel :).

Back