• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My new movie Space Trucker Bruce

I just finished my micro-budget sci-fi film Space Trucker Bruce. It's taken me 6 years and $10,000. All the sets were built in my house and back yard. All the 3D effects were created by me using an open source application called Blender.

Bruce is a trucker who works the hog fat lines between Earth and the Titan Station. He’s content with his life but a bit lonely. A month away from the Titan Station Bruce picks up Max, an easily bored automation engineer with a broken shuttle. As Max is about to go crazy from space boredom they receive a strange distress call. Soon they discover a huge dark object on a collision course. Bruce and Max must risk everything to survive their deadly encounter and deliver the hog fat.

Watch the movie at: http://www.spacetruckerbruce.com

The trailer held my attention, which is always a good thing. Half the time I shut the trailers off on indie micro-budget flicks because they're a bit painful more than they are entertaining. Your trailer was certainly entertaining, and I was impressed with what you did with your budget, and your use of Blender.

However, I'm curious as to how your price point for the full film will do. Personally, I don't spend large amounts of time watching low budget indie films, because honestly, more are bad than good. With that said, the time that I do devote to watching them is a bit sporadic and random. So, most of the ones I've seen are free to watch on Youtube or Vimeo. I'm not sure if I'd pay much money to see a low budget indie film, because for the same price I could stream a studio film off of Amazon Prime.
With that said, I think the issue you may run into is that random viewers who don't know you, people like me, may not shell out the money. People who do know you, or were involved, will.

Just my two cents, wish you all of the best with it!

Oh, and a quick edit: I was exploring your site a bit and watched the music video for the film. Nice job on that, it's difficult to have good original music. (Believe me, I know, I try to write it for people!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. It is difficult to figure out the best price for on demand services with so many options out there.

It's worth the money but being the creator I'm a bit biased.

I have trouble finding space based sci-fi that I haven't seen. Most sci-fi seems to have nothing to do with space.

I hope to find people who share my love of space based sci-fi and have a couple of dollars to spend on a rental.

I just finished my micro-budget sci-fi film Space Trucker Bruce. It's taken me 6 years and $10,000. All the sets were built in my house and back yard. All the 3D effects were created by me using an open source application called Blender.
Nice!!! Obviously a huge amount of effort was put into this.

If you're submitting to the festival circuit, best of luck! :)

Glad to see you finally finished it! Was reading about this years ago. :cool:

Are you trying for distribution of any kind? Doing the filmfest circuit? Maybe even self-distribute on Amazon via CreateSpace, if you have to do it yourself?

I think the price is about right if it's a buy, not just a rent. Some outfits like createspace will make the decision on their own.

If anything, I'd shorten the trailer to a minute. After watching the whole trailer I felt like I've seen the whole movie. Leave them wanting more and use the comedic parts to hook them.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. I could probably shorten the trailer a bit. but it only really covers up to about half the film. No act 3 spoilers in there but it may seem that way which is probably not good. I am applying for festivals to get some exposure but I plan to self distribute with Vimeo on demand, Distrify, and Amazon. The Createspace thing is great but it takes up to 60 days for the video to show up on the amazon list. GuerrillaAngel: I love your profile picture!

I actually really dug this. Congrats on finishing it. I would say the trailer is a bit too long and i think your BIG selling point is the comedy (dolphins and shit lol) so i would highly recommend recutting a faster paced trailer that really emphasis the comedy. I may purchase this one just so i can support indie film and because i think i will really like the whole thing. Congratulations again!

The Createspace thing is great but it takes up to 60 days for the video to show up on the amazon list. GuerrillaAngel: I love your profile picture!

Actually a bit longer, or a LOT longer. First there is several weeks to get "approved" then it is placed in a queue -- for that, its 60 days. They don't tell you that the film can be rejected for a number reason and ask you to send a new copy with the problems fixed. They don't catch all the problems the first time either.

Thanks for the comment on the profile picture!

Good luck.

Back