Any decent free screen righting software for vista?

I used to use the Online component, but don't since they started charging for it. I'm not in a position where I can justify the expense at this time... but when I was using it, it was very useful and allowed distributed preproduction amongst our main crew at YAFI... I loves me my CELTX!

I dont use it. I dont think its that much money if you are using it alot, but you can always email the file.

I have a local web/ftp server I use for my clients anyway. I just made a folder on that drive that people can access. I keep the celtx file there. Theres several ways your team can access the folder with a web browser, ftp or even a windows folder.

I just add the revision number to the Celtx file name and everyone can keep up with it easily.

For the non-techy people that want to do this you need an extra PC (or Mac) that you can leave on all the time.

You can also do the same if you have a webhosting account or even photo space (picasa, photobucket, etc). Although having a webserver thats connected to your local network is muuuuuch faster and easier to deal with. Having a common space to store everything related to your film that allows all of your team to access makes things easier. I couldnt operate without it. I can even setup a project manager, calendar, wiki, etc.

I could write a tutorial on setting this up if enough people were interested.

does anyone use celtx studio? is it worth giving it a crack for its money?

I do. I worked on my last film from home, and also during slow periods at my job. It was woth the money to not have to send myself the most recent copy back and forth. No matter what computer I'm on I just download the most recent version from the server. This USED to be free, but now costs 49.99 a year or something.

I recommend celtx to my students. There is also scripped and, by chance, I stumbled upon a screenwriting template in microsoft office.

I recommend celtx to my students. There is also scripped and, by chance, I stumbled upon a screenwriting template in microsoft office.
Thanks! I searched the forums and no one had mentioned this one before you: www.scripped.com

EDIT: Personally I would never store my script on a site. I like using software.

Back